• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You get to pick one

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Ionbull said:

I believe that would be true, only problem is since there are human voters I don't see any situation where a g5 team makes the playoff.... like ever. No matter what happens there will always be voters that say, the conference schedule isn't as strong as everyone else's. True or not! Heck I remember before Houston's wheels fell off watching Galloway/Kanell argue if Houston should be included with an undefeated season and they both ended up settling on "G5 conference schedule, not as strong as a P5." Again regardless of truth.

The one thing that could happen is you have a undefeated USF team sitting there having convincingly won the American.   I'm talking a high explosive offense with a good defense team that's consistent.   If the other conferences beat up on each and have and have 1 and 2 loss Champions, accompanied with teams in the American actually performing well out of conference and perhaps having a couple or ranked teams, there could feasibly be a case where they throw in a G5 team like USF to show they do reward good play.  Do I think it's likely... no.  But could it happen?  I guess anything is possible.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

National Title game (win) all the way.  

Conferences can come and go ::cough Big East cough::  and theres no guarantee the sweet flow of money will continue for the P5 members.  Look at how fast ESPN is losing money after overpaying for TV rights in the era of cord cutters.   Wouldn't be surprised if only a few big name teams got paydays down the road instead of conferences as a whole.  Besides look how well that P5 deals gone for Rutgers.

Stadiums collect dust half the year and we can get one eventually.  (Besides I like my current seats)

But national champs... you'll always have a title.  

• Upvote 4

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

Joined nearly 7 years ago and popped out the first post today!  Welcome.

giphy.gif

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,325
  • Days Won:  43

34 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

National Title game (win) all the way.  

Conferences can come and go ::cough Big East cough::  and theres no guarantee the sweet flow of money will continue for the P5 members.  Look at how fast ESPN is losing money after overpaying for TV rights in the era of cord cutters.   Wouldn't be surprised if only a few big name teams got paydays down the road instead of conferences as a whole.  Besides look how well that P5 deals gone for Rutgers.

Stadiums collect dust half the year and we can get one eventually.  (Besides I like my current seats)

But national champs... you'll always have a title.  

Agreed!! This is kind of what Woolard predicted. He said the tv contracts are too high and that he won't be surprised if the tv networks lost money on those deals 

Link? :)

This was some real vision, we avoided the problem by forming our own P6 conference.

Had we been in a P5, we'd have to make budget cuts in 2021 or whenever when the TV deals got renewed.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,325
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Link? :)

It was during one of his half time interviews during a USF basketball game so I'm not sure how to find it lol. 

I was just pulling a Trip, circa 2012, on you. :)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

So far, none of you have dictator material in you! --As a dictator, you have to take out the lesser competition!

I'd take out UCF football and smile that special smile when I see other Bulls, "Yes, I did it for us. Your tires are protected and your paint will not be damaged. Enjoy it!"

:roflmao:

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

Well i dunno, if being a P5 meant we might get some stability at coaching I would take that I guess. But if being a P5 was mutually exclusive from all the other choices I'd rather just stay and try to win a conf championship in something other than tennis and golf, no offense, its a good thing we have tennis and golf. But jeez, even in pro sports, tennis and golf are the annoying little cousin that you have to pay attention to a couple of times a year.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

P5 invites that would take care of most of the problems we have.