• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

If you are jonesing for football may i suggest the CFL, watched all 4 games last weekend (yes there are only nine teams, someone has a bye each week) its actually not bad football at all. Its better than arena, different strategy with only 2 downs, defence has to line up a full yard off the football so those 4th uhem i mean 3rd and 1s are pretty routine to make. And there's this old man, prolly no one on this board has heard of him, who made about 46 monster catches for 2528 yards, ok 7 for 124 but whatever,  https://3downnation.com/2017/06/26/argos-sj-green-miraculous-one-handed-grab/  At any rate, don't snicker, its better than watching my lazy ass kids sit on the couch and play video games all summer. And its football, which, lets face it, is infinitely more awesome than any other sport out there. Sorry baseball, I love you, just not in that way.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

If you are jonesing for football may i suggest the CFL, watched all 4 games last weekend (yes there are only nine teams, someone has a bye each week) its actually not bad football at all. Its better than arena, different strategy with only 2 downs, defence has to line up a full yard off the football so those 4th uhem i mean 3rd and 1s are pretty routine to make. And there's this old man, prolly no one on this board has heard of him, who made about 46 monster catches for 2528 yards, ok 7 for 124 but whatever,  https://3downnation.com/2017/06/26/argos-sj-green-miraculous-one-handed-grab/  At any rate, don't snicker, its better than watching my lazy ass kids sit on the couch and play video games all summer. And its football, which, lets face it, is infinitely more awesome than any other sport out there. Sorry baseball, I love you, just not in that way.

My kids are in direct competition with the Big Lebowski for laziest human worldwide.

6470a505d691ff33114c87fba5ad1558.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yeah,well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm oddly looking forward to arena football now that I live in Channelside

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,353
  • Days Won:  8

Did not realize that SJ was still playing - the 2006 game against Pitt, where Grothe got rolled-over, popped-up and then hit SJ for a first down, is one of my all-time favorite highlights (watched it live as well)

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

I'm oddly looking forward to arena football now that I live in Channelside

Dont look too forward to it, that league is almost dead. Actually not even sure it should still be in business. There is only 5 teams compared to the indoor football league which has 8 or the champions indoor football league which has 14. Seems these three leagues should merge, might happen but you know, greed and all that.

1 hour ago, bowman1 said:

Did not realize that SJ was still playing - the 2006 game against Pitt, where Grothe got rolled-over, popped-up and then hit SJ for a first down, is one of my all-time favorite highlights (watched it live as well)

https://www.cfl.ca/players/s-j-green/135351/

6750 yds rec w/ 42 tds.....32yo, if he can get 3-4 1000+ yd seasons, he could be a top 10 career cfl receiver. Ok so its not the NFL but the CFL's been around for 59 years so you know that its difficult to get on a top 10 list.

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, bowman1 said:

Is this the one?  It's against Syracuse, so it may be a different play.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

43 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

Is this the one?  It's against Syracuse, so it may be a different play.

I know that this year's team might be the best team we have had but **** if those Grothe teams weren't bad azz.....so much fun to watch, exhilarating highs and devastating lows.  Ill never forget that UCF game in the tinderbox, it was so hot, my heart was racing trying to keep cool, it was worse than the UF game. But crap it was so awesome, i think that was the first signal that Grothe and co. were going to be special. And Ill never forget losing to rutgers, Uconn and Cincy after we had raced off to the #2 start and Lee Corso gleefully telling everyone how right he was to leave the Bulls off the ESPN poll the week they were #2. Again the highest highs and the lowest lows.