• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Best team ever

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

And vice versa ..... I think whoever came in at that point in time, under all the circumstances, was going to be doomed.

Well, your hypothesis is pure speculation, while my statement is verifiable fact if you look strictly at wins and losses. I am not convinced that every coach that we could have brought in at that time would have failed. The cupboard was fully stocked and, as a result, Skippy had a decent first season. He was unable to do much in the subsequent two years and that is what led to his downfall. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Seriously, you really should let the defense of Skip Holtz thing go. The guy was the worst thing that ever happened to our football program. A really nice guy, just not a good fit at USF. 

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

And vice versa ..... I think whoever came in at that point in time, under all the circumstances, was going to be doomed.

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Well, your hypothesis is pure speculation, while my statement is verifiable fact if you look strictly at wins and losses. I am not convinced that every coach that we could have brought in at that time would have failed. The cupboard was fully stocked and, as a result, Skippy had a decent first season. He was unable to do much in the subsequent two years and that is what led to his downfall. 

I think all hypotheses are speculation, that's why they're called hypotheses ... and I agree that all what you're saying are facts, except your speculation that not every coach we could have brought in at that time would have failed ... but there is more evidence to support my hypothesis of the coach not being the one responsible for that dark time in USF football than yours of another coach would have had better results. Bottom line, though, is hopefully those times are gone forever

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

You can never replace a legend like CJL, worst mistake USF ever made letting him go.  If "The Jim" was still around, we'd be in the ACC.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

I think whoever came in at that point in time, under all the circumstances, was going to be doomed.

Thanks to poor leadership. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

On 6/28/2017 at 10:02 AM, BullyPulpit said:

Seriously, you really should let the defense of Skip Holtz thing go. The guy was the worst thing that ever happened to our football program. A really nice guy, just not a good fit at USF. 

That was too easy.  I was just fishin' and surprised it was you who took the bait.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

That was too easy.  I was just fishin' and surprised it was you who took the bait.

You do have a friendship and history of taking up the cause for Holtz, so while it may have been bait, there was a chance that it wasn't. 

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

You do have a friendship and history of taking up the cause for Holtz, so while it may have been bait, there was a chance that it wasn't. 

Trollin' ain't easy.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

My fondest memory of Skip Holtz is when USF hosted it's biggest recruiting event of the season and he chose to come to California and play gold.  Taggart feasted on the same event by simply showing up and talking to the recruits.  Taggart brought in some of the guys we now cheer on so much and we're now seeing Charlie do the same.   But for some reason Holtz found it unnecessary.  I think it is reflected in his record during his time at USF.  I think Holtz learned a valuable lesson... how to not recruit.  I think that is now serving him well at La Tech.  I can't stand that guy and I was a big supporter of CJL... but I don't necessarily think him staying would have meant we got taken up during conference expansion.  

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

CSH will be our rectal fissure for years to come...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

On 6/29/2017 at 4:55 PM, BullyPulpit said:

Too much time has past so you are on notice that anything on the subject is fishin' from now on.