• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Octavius Battle QB 2018

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

1. Chris Carter   TE   4/15/2017

2. Brad Cecil   OL   6/9/2017

3. Jajuan Cherry   ATH   6/22/2017

4. Gerald Jackson   DB   6/23/2017

5. Octavius Battle DUAL 6/23/2017

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Pulled from commitment list looking for a couple sources. All I saw was Tito's kind of weird one ...

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Pulled from commitment list looking for a couple sources. All I saw was Tito's kind of weird one ...

He tweeted it out

• Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Battle is a remarkable athlete.  He pitches on the baseball team, plays guard on the basketball team, and starts at QB on the football team.  He's an under the radar guy because he doesn't camp.  This will be his first year so there are no real valuations on him in terms of how many stars he has... but this kid is a natural.  I'll go so far as to say he'll be the guy after Flowers is gone.  I really really like this kid.  I think after his redshirt year, he could seat whoever the starter is.  

• Upvote 3

• Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Apparently handpicked by Gilbert. Wonder how he found him in Georgia. Seems like a crazy good athlete. If he can sling it could be another QF style QB. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

Battle is a remarkable athlete.  He pitches on the baseball team, plays guard on the basketball team, and starts at QB on the football team.  He's an under the radar guy because he doesn't camp.  This will be his first year so there are no real valuations on him in terms of how many stars he has... but this kid is a natural.  I'll go so far as to say he'll be the guy after Flowers is gone.  I really really like this kid.  I think after his redshirt year, he could seat whoever the starter is.  

He reminds me of Flowers coming out of HS but taller and a more polished passer. Thus kid is a legit player even though his offer sheet doesn't say that yet.  He can only fly under the radar for so long. We're definitely going to have a tough fight to holding onto him. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Days Won:  0

Besides Flowers legs he is one of the better decison makers we have ever had so the new guy must have this intangible 

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

6 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Apparently handpicked by Gilbert. Wonder how he found him in Georgia. Seems like a crazy good athlete. If he can sling it could be another QF style QB. 

I bet Gilbert found him scouting Carvers RB... They have a 4 star RB who everyone is looking at.  Gilbert being a QB/OC probably got wind of him like that.  You never know because Charlie recruited Georgia, also.  So Gilbert likely has some people there who throw names his way.

6 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

He reminds me of Flowers coming out of HS but taller and a more polished passer. Thus kid is a legit player even though his offer sheet doesn't say that yet.  He can only fly under the radar for so long. We're definitely going to have a tough fight to holding onto him. 

This was the first thing I thought looking at his tape.  I was like he is smooth just like Flowers.  He has Flowers'esk similarities.   He threw for 2100 yards, 16 TDs, and ZERO ints last season.  He ran for 437... this kid is legit.  It appears these kids are also committing to the coach... they love them some Charlie Strong.  I thought Taggart had some mojo... the way Strong is recruiting is pretty impressive. 

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

What's the biggest summer recruiting news for each Top 25 team?

19. USF

58.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

The Bulls under coach Charlie Strong will recruit talented players just like he did at Louisville, prior to his stint at Texas. The 2018 class began being built in June, with five commitments in the month, but it's Peach State quarterback Octavious Battle that is the name to know. With record-setting signal-caller Quinton Flowers set to graduate after the season, finding a dual-threat scheme fit was paramount after not inking a quarterback in the 2017 class to help secure the future competition at the position with Brett Kean and Chris Oladokun. In Battle, USF has a commitment from one of the top sleeper signal-callers in the 2018 class. -- Hamilton

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19761868/biggest-recruiting-development-top-25-football-team-ohio-state-buckeyes-florida-state-seminoles-alabama-crimson-tide