• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I love my fellow Bulls fans....I really do but the idea that our defense was anything but dismal last year would be green and gold goggles.  If our defense doesn't greatly improve we can look forward to an unexpected loss or three.  We all don't know the impact of losing three NFL caliber players on offense will be.  I, as most of us do, have high expectations for the coming season so I am just going to enjoy the ride where ever it takes us.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

On 6/25/2017 at 8:06 AM, brybull1970 said:

If we get to 20-2 what's the most impressive win in there? A win against a ranked Navy team?

There definitely wouldn't be any jaw-dropping wins. What we certainly would want to see are more convincing wins. I want to see us completely blow-out the first 9 opponents on the schedule. I'm talking 25+ ppg margin of victory type of stuff. I would say our most impressive stretch during the current streak would be the three week stretch of Temple, Cincy, and UCF to close out 2015. We outscored the opposition by an average margin of 33 points per game in that stretch. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

20 hours ago, dabull80 said:

I love my fellow Bulls fans....I really do but the idea that our defense was anything but dismal last year would be green and gold goggles.  If our defense doesn't greatly improve we can look forward to an unexpected loss or three.  We all don't know the impact of losing three NFL caliber players on offense will be.  I, as most of us do, have high expectations for the coming season so I am just going to enjoy the ride where ever it takes us.

How great does it feel to finally have high expectations again? That is really what I am most excited for. In year's past, we have failed to rise to the level of expectations. Part of that was due to poor officiating, questionable coaching, and injuries. Any one of those factors could cost us again this season, but I am going to enjoy the high expectations while they last, which will hopefully be a few more seasons.