• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

In its last 22 games, USF Football has compiled a record of 18-4, by far and away the most impressive stretch in USF history. Over that same stretch, only 4 teams in college football have compiled a better record:

1. Alabama - 21-1

2. Clemson - 20-2

3. W. Michigan - 19-3

4. Ohio State - 19-3 

5(t). USF - 18-4 

Looking at the schedule for 2017, barring something cataclysmic, I don't see any real potential for a loss in the first 4 games. Then, if we can get past what should be a markedly worse Temple squad, we should be extremely heavy favorites in the 4 games after that. I can safely say that a 9-0 start is expected. That would put us at 27-4 over the last 31 games and 20-2 over the last 22. Just some off-season food for thought. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Isn't Armstead going to be back for Temple?

I sure hope we have a plan to put him on his ass behind the LOS for a majority of his snaps.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

11 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I sure hope we have a plan to put him on his ass behind the LOS for a majority of his snaps.  

Simply tackling and not trying to Arm-Tackle or Big hit him will do wonders for us stopping him. Last year our D tried to do just that, arm-Tackle and big hits. Against a bigger back/Fullback, that's almost always a losing proposition.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Armstead will be back as will Sharga. They also have an impressive WR core. However, they will have a new QB. I'm sure they will play us tough, but Id imagine that game is circled on the schedule for quite a few of the returning starters. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

55 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Armstead will be back as will Sharga. They also have an impressive WR core. However, they will have a new QB. I'm sure they will play us tough, but Id imagine that game is circled on the schedule for quite a few of the returning starters. 

Temple has become a good rivalry match with USF ever since the 1st game when Mr Ramil made that phone call to Judy during the Holtz New Era.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, Azmodi said:

Simply tackling and not trying to Arm-Tackle or Big hit him will do wonders for us stopping him. Last year our D tried to do just that, arm-Tackle and big hits. Against a bigger back/Fullback, that's almost always a losing proposition.

We also had some piss poor alignment when they would go to an unbalanced line that made it to where they would have more blockers than we had tacklers in the box play side.  They definitely watched the FSU film because they did the same exact thing to us.   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm excited to see our defense... not sure why, but I enjoy a good defensive team over an offense any day... It may be the lighter fluid I huff, but squirrel 8, am I right?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

I'm excited to see our defense... not sure why, but I enjoy a good defensive team over an offense any day... It may be the lighter fluid I huff, but squirrel 8, am I right?

Im excited to see our defense, but more so for the fact that we really weren't great on defense last year.  I expect to see a great combo from both sides of the ball under Strong and Gilbert.  This has the potential to be the most lethal team in USF history, but I just hope we can live up to the hype.  Really wish there was a more significant game on the schedule but I'll take what we can get. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

I just hope they circle that newspaper clipping from Sharga saying the Bulls were cowering when thy got hit. So far in this rivlary, the home team is undefeated. 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  3

12-0 or bust