• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Future OOC Football Schedule

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

On 6/26/2017 at 10:39 AM, BullyPulpit said:

It is possible that the entire Big 12 fiasco slowed things down as far as teams deciding whether or not to schedule us and, likewise, our administration deciding upon whom to schedule. If I recall correctly, our last few future series have typically been announced in September, so, hopefully, we will have some good news in a few months. 

I mean did anyone actually think anyone was getting into the Big 12? The whole thing stunk of collusion from the start! I mean of course as AD you have to play the party games and hope for the best, but I don't think that slowed down any processes. If I had to guess, Harlan is on that edge of "schedule a one and done away game with a marquee opponent" or "demand  a home and home series or at least a two for one." I'm assuming most marquee opponents don't want to schedule a home and home with us at all, and it's very difficult to get them to agree to a two for one. Now you can argue until he bulls come home whether or not we should be playing one and done away games, but I'm sure management is tying to steer away from that. I mean what's the benefit in playing Ohio state or Alabama in their house only? A paycheck? 

Edited by Ionbull

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, Ionbull said:

I mean did anyone actually think anyone was getting into the Big 12? 

Against my better judgment, I did have some hope for us.  

Really, the best thing about the whole sorry affair was that Memphis got nominally eliminated from consideration, after TigerJay ran his mouth and wrote a check his ass couldn't cash.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Against my better judgment, I did have some hope for us.  

Really, the best thing about the whole sorry affair was that Memphis got nominally eliminated from consideration, after TigerJay ran his mouth and wrote a check his ass couldn't cash.  

That story will never get old...Tiger Jay, the gift that keeps on giving. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I had higher hopes for us getting into the Big 12 than I did Tiger Jay actually paying me.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 hours ago, Ionbull said:

I mean did anyone actually think anyone was getting into the Big 12? The whole thing stunk of collusion from the start! I mean of course as AD you have to play the party games and hope for the best, but I don't think that slowed down any processes. If I had to guess, Harlan is on that edge of "schedule a one and done away game with a marquee opponent" or "demand  a home and home series or at least a two for one." I'm assuming most marquee opponents don't want to schedule a home and home with us at all, and it's very difficult to get them to agree to a two for one. Now you can argue until he bulls come home whether or not we should be playing one and done away games, but I'm sure management is tying to steer away from that. I mean what's the benefit in playing Ohio state or Alabama in their house only? A paycheck? 

At this point, I don't think there is a question that if tOSU or Alabama were to offer us $1.5 million to go and play them that we would accept it in a heartbeat. The problem is that those schools would never offer us that game. SJSU just got offered $1.45 million to go play Penn State. UCONN just got offered $1.4 million to go play Clemson. Those are not top flight G5 programs. The top G5 teams are not going to get offered that type of money to be a potential huge loss on a Playoff contenders resume. Here is the formula for getting fired as an AD: 1. Offer a good G5 team a lot of money for a road payday game. 2. Your team loses that game. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Those of you stating as fact that this is the best team we have ever had seem to forget that the best running back and best WR (arguably) that we ever had are no longer on this team and that we have no idea if we even have any real talent on defense. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

37fdee405677baf6f3e2fa2fa113215b.png

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

54 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Those of you stating as fact that this is the best team we have ever had seem to forget that the best running back and best WR (arguably) that we ever had are no longer on this team and that we have no idea if we even have any real talent on defense. 

I think that is a bit of a stretch. Bruce Hector, Deadrin Senat, Deatrick Nichols, Khalid McGee, Tajee Fullwood, and Auggie Sanchez all have real talent on defense. Whether or not they play consistently is another story, but to say we don't even know if we have talent is questionable. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

The defense was bad because of scheme. Literally the year before with Tom Allen they were top 30; that wasn't all just Jamie Byrd. There's some serious talent on the defense, just not a lot of depth in the front seven. I expect guys like Craig Watts no Andre Polk to have monster years with an experienced coordinator. I'm with Cali here, think this is the year we see it all together with a veteran staff. Folks aren't as concerned out losing Mack and Adams because of the depth and experience behind them. MVS was great last year, as was McCants. Couple that with great camps from Dukes and Antoine....not to mention Saloman, Clerveux, Barr, Reed, Wilcox, Dillon. Oh and grad transfer in Temi Alaka(so?) and Jernard Phillips, Randall St. Felix and Kevaughn Dingle in the incoming class. Yes Adams was consistent and our #1, but there's definitely not a lack of talent for guys to step up.