• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Future OOC Football Schedule

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Also ... a neutral site game, like the one we beat Clemson in (admittedly near their place, but they had a rough season) isn't really the same as going to their place and beating them.  Clemson is one of the toughest places to play in all of college football.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

7 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Also ... a neutral site game, like the one we beat Clemson in (admittedly near their place, but they had a rough season) isn't really the same as going to their place and beating them.  Clemson is one of the toughest places to play in all of college football.  

Like Notre Dame and Auburn?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Like Notre Dame and Auburn?

Tougher.  Clemson's #8 on this list.  Auburn is #20.  Notre Dame didn't even make the cut.  

http://list25.com/25-loudest-college-football-stadiums/2/

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

14 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I was commenting strictly on the basis of BD's logic in that one post I quoted, without conditions or circumstances.  

Props to Trip for providing the spin BD needed to say what, I agree, that he probably meant all along.  

Now let us compare apples to apples to say I'm against USF going up to Gainesville to play UF without them coming to play in Tampa against USF 1st. We all know that UF would never do that so to me they are out. We will more than likely meet UF in a Bowl game some day & I am cool with that. 

• Downvote 1

Also, since Bleacher Report articles are acceptable on TBP now, I'll just leave this here, below.  Auburn an honorable mention.  Again, the stadium in South Bend a no-show.  

Clemson #5. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2640308-10-toughest-college-football-stadiums-to-play-in

3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Also, since Bleacher Report articles are acceptable on TBP now, I'll just leave this here, below.  Auburn an honorable mention.  Again, the stadium in South Bend a no-show.  

Clemson #5. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2640308-10-toughest-college-football-stadiums-to-play-in

How tough was it during the 2007 season? How well did Clemson do that season compared to Auburn?

8 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

How tough was it during the 2007 season? How well did Clemson do that season compared to Auburn?

I'm sure there are resources available on the Interwebs to find that information.  

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

The Auburn win was a better win.  They beat some pretty good teams that season, finishing 9-4.  Clemson wasn't very good at that point and lucky to be in a bowl at 6-6.  Their wins were North Texas, Presbyterian, Maryland, Georgia Tech, NC State, and Wake Forest.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I'm sure there are resources available on the Interwebs to find that information.  

We don't have time for all this nonsense lol. It is Friday!! USF is on the way up and I think the points have already been made!! Go Bulls!!!

Edited by Bull Daly

2 minutes ago, JoeB said:

The Auburn win was a better win.  They beat some pretty good teams that season, finishing 9-4.  Clemson wasn't very good at that point and lucky to be in a bowl at 6-6.  Their wins were North Texas, Presbyterian, Maryland, Georgia Tech, NC State, and Wake Forest.  

I'll agree with that, but I'm not sure how we got to this point in the conversation.

My point in mentioning Clemson as one of the toughest places to play is that, if USF were to play there, it would be the toughest stadium they've been in outside of Ben Hill Griffin.