• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Future OOC Football Schedule

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Major programs don't do buy games at another program.  USF doesn't do buy games.  Get that through your skulls.  I for one, will be very angry if we do.  We do 1-1's against the Wisconsins of the world and maybe 2-1 vs. Texas.  No 1-0 unless it is a very special program, for example, maybe a Notre Dame like we did.  I would not do a 1-0 with Clemson.  They aren't special enough and yes, I know they won NC.

Heck no to the away buy games.  We are not a Sun Belt program so stop acting like one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, BullsFanInTX said:

Major programs don't do buy games at another program.  USF doesn't do buy games.  Get that through your skulls.  I for one, will be very angry if we do.  We do 1-1's against the Wisconsins of the world and maybe 2-1 vs. Texas.  No 1-0 unless it is a very special program, for example, maybe a Notre Dame like we did.  I would not do a 1-0 with Clemson.  They aren't special enough and yes, I know they won NC.

Heck no to the away buy games.  We are not a Sun Belt program so stop acting like one. 

This mindset would have been spot on a decade ago when we were in the Big East, had access to the BCS, and had a competitive TV contract. Unfortunately, realignment (ESPN) ruined all of that for us. If we could get $1.2 million in guaranteed money and a national spotlight against a top 5 team, I don't see how we could turn down that type of money at this point. To provide some perspective, our current conference TV deal pays about $2 million per team annually.  The problem for us, as BDYZR pointed out earlier, what good/great P5 team would ever give a team like USF money for the potential to suffer a devastating home loss? We are now a big fish in a small pond and have to find a way to thrive until we can, hopefully, find a bigger pond. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,325
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

So Clemson schedules a cupcake home game and you think Harlan's not working to get better OOC games?  

I can hear the AD's now, "Hey! Let's pay that top 10 USF squad to come in here and quite possibly ruin our season! I think our boosters and fan base would love that, right?"

Nailed it!! 

USF Already beat Clemson so no need to go to their place and prove anything. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Only OOC opponents I really care about one way or the other are (1) teams in Florida, and (2) top 10 teams. I'm of the opinion that the cupcake OOC games are the best way to start the season, then move into the highlight team OOC in game 3-4. I think top 10 teams playing top 10 teams in the first week is insane.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

53 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I guess by that logic, we should never ever play FSU or Miami again, no matter how good our team is.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Bull Daly said:

17 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I guess by that logic, we should never ever play FSU or Miami again, no matter how good our team is.  

We have losing records against FSU and UM which we need to try and rectify. We're batting a thousand against Clemson. They want to try and rectify that .... do a one and done here.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I was one that didn't care for USF playing up in Tally again unless there was a return trip. You are comparing apples to oranges when you think  Uconn's deal with Clemson is equal to the deal Woolard made with FSU.

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We have losing records against FSU and UM which we need to try and rectify. We're batting a thousand against Clemson. They want to try and rectify that .... do a one and done here.

Nailed it!! Let Uconn do that pay off game in Death Valley. USF can find a new challenge.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

14 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I was one that didn't care for USF playing up in Tally again unless there was a return trip. You are comparing apples to oranges when you think  Uconn's deal with Clemson is equal to the deal Woolard made with FSU.

12 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Nailed it!! Let Uconn do that pay off game in Death Valley. USF can find a new challenge.

I was commenting strictly on the basis of BD's logic in that one post I quoted, without conditions or circumstances.  

Props to Trip for providing the spin BD needed to say what, I agree, that he probably meant all along.