• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton's 2017 numbers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

On 6/16/2017 at 9:21 AM, mjadams said:

I really don't care what his stats are. What matters is our record at the end of the year, titles, and bowl games. 

QF is a stud but his statline is the least of my worries. Go get those Wins 

My answer is about like this. If our record is anywhere near what I hope it will be this year, his stats will take care of themselves.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

On 6/18/2017 at 1:33 PM, Capital H said:

Yeah this analysis is somewhat flawed.

Buechele was sacked 31 times last year. That is pretty terrible. Without going through every play he was probably closer to 4-4.5 yards per carry. So the real starting QB had somewhere between 60-70 designed runs give or take.

Calling Swoops a QB is akin to calling Flowers one in his freshman year. Swoops threw 9 passes last season. He was essentially a short yardage back. I DONT want Flowers on QB dives every 3rd and short.

If Flowers is north of 150 carries this year its because the O-line is a complete failure and he is running for his life, or the passing game takes 10 steps back with accuracy and drops.

I agree mostly with with you... but I do think they'll be quite a few designed runs.  He has to.  With Q in his senior year and a shot at a big season, I think it's all on the table.  I think putting a QB like Flowers in that Texas offense opens up what the offense can do.  If Flowers is running because nobody can stop him, I think he'll use that to set up the vertical passing game.  This offense is just so much more open in terms of what it does compared to the Gulf Coast offense.  I don't expect to see Flowers running like last season,  but I do expect designed runs when they see it's set up... or using them to set up other plays.  I mean Flowers is like a new toy to Coach... he's probably never coached a guy like that before and is looking to maximize and develop all of his talents.    Imagine Flowers in that Texas offense last season instead of Buechele and Swoops.

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  3

If there was an all-time USF fantasy draft, would you draft QF at #1?

Or at least would he be the first QB off the board?

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

On 6/19/2017 at 0:23 PM, Bull Dozer said:

I Think he will be right around 150-160 carries.  He's too explosive to not use in the scope of the offense, especially while trying to replace the splash play ability of Mack and Adams.  A concerted effort to take his running ability out of our offense would be extremely foolish.....

I agree he needs to have his number called. Maybe I am an optimist but I think there is at least 6 and maybe as many as 10 games on the schedule he doesnt play in the 4th. That alone should knock his #'s down a bit.

But I agree 150 is realistic. 10 carries a game over 15 games! :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, Capital H said:

I agree he needs to have his number called. Maybe I am an optimist but I think there is at least 6 and maybe as many as 10 games on the schedule he doesnt play in the 4th. That alone should knock his #'s down a bit.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. Curious if the staff will let him fluff his stats on the backend of a blowout for the heisman campaign though. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

10 hours ago, Capital H said:

I'd take that allllllllll day :icon_drink:

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

3300 yards passing 30 TD's 10 INT.  68% completion rate.  INT's might be up slightly due to passing more.

1300 yards rushing 16 TD's

An invite to Heisman trophy ceremony, where he finishes 4th in overall voting.