• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton's 2017 numbers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I say he gets 1050 yards rushing and 3400 yards passing with 25 TDs.  I think the bulk of the carries will go to DJ, Tice, Mack, and Sands, so this will keep QF in the backfield throwing more than years past.  I just hope he stays healthy...we haven't had luck with our Senior QBs.  Knock on wood  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Curious to see if this year goes as planned how much garbage time play Q gets. His stats may be lower than expected just because of that. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

Curious to see if this year goes as planned how much garbage time play Q gets. His stats may be lower than expected just because of that. 

He has to play "some" during garbage time as we need to run up the score as high as possible.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He has to play "some" during garbage time as we need to run up the score as high as possible.

That's what I'm thinking. Lamar Jackson padded his stats by playing a ton out of conference, even when the game was in hand. Will be interesting to see what the staff does to monitor his playing time; again assuming this year goes as planned and we blow virtually everyone out.

Im still convinced some team will hit us in the mouth and we will have another Temple game on our hands (Temple, Houston, Tulsa.)

17 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

That's what I'm thinking. Lamar Jackson padded his stats by playing a ton out of conference, even when the game was in hand. Will be interesting to see what the staff does to monitor his playing time; again assuming this year goes as planned and we blow virtually everyone out.

Im still convinced some team will hit us in the mouth and we will have another Temple game on our hands (Temple, Houston, Tulsa.)

Agree with your last sentence. I would be surprised if we run the table. Someone will most likely get us at some point. As long as it is one of those teams from the west and not UCF, I can live with that. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

4 hours ago, Breedwell said:

I think one of the reason Strong's QB's last season didn't run for as many yards is because their yards per carry was terrible. Swoopes and Buechele had 151 carries between them, so its not like Texas didn't hand them the ball (Flowers ran 47 more carries, with 21 of those coming in our 13th game. So in 12 games he only had 26 more carries, or a little more than 2 per game).  Swoopes had 54 carries for a paltry 3.2 YPC. Buechele was even worse, 71 carries for 1.6 YPC. So neither were really reliable, that's 2.4 YPC! 

You hand Flowers the ball on a running play, on average he gets you 2nd and short or third and short. Hand the other two the ball, now you're in 2nd or 3rd and long, suddenly you have to pass the ball 7+ yards on third down or whatever. 

And speaking of third down. Texas' overall 3DC% was 36.08%.  It was 40%+ in the first couple of months of play, but by November they were only converting 3rd Down 26.47%. 

USF'S last year? 44.21%. In October, we had a 50.65 3PC%. So much more effective on 3rd down.   

I say all of this to say, some of the replies so far have had Flowers throwing more and running less. I actually think he gets back up into the 14-1500's in total rushing yards. I would expect his workload to compare to last year's, but he'll have a lot more success than Texas had with their QBs.

Great analysis.  

I too think some here will be surprised by how much Flowers continues to run this season.   He's too much of a weapon with his legs for us to drastically reduce his touches running the football.  If Sterling Gilbert is as bright of an offensive mind as he's made out to be he will continue to give defenses a healthy dose of Flowers running the football.  

I think Flowers Stat's check out at:

Passing Yds: 3000

Passing TD's: 28

Int:9

Rushing Yds: 1300

Rushing TD: 16

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

47 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Someone will most likely get us at some point. As long as it is one of those teams from the west

Personally, I'm not down with losing to SJSU but I may be more finicky than you ....

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Personally, I'm not down with losing to SJSU but I may be more finicky than you ....

Ha! Well played! 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Disappointed, thought this would have turned into a thread discussing QBR by now.   

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

Disappointed, thought this would have turned into a thread discussing QBR by now.   

QF set that bar pretty high with last year's  ...