• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton's 2017 numbers

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

snippetQF17.PNG

With the 18 rushing TDs in 2016, Flowers crushed the standing record of 25 career rushing TDs by a QB - BJ Daniels (2008-12)

RB Marlon Mack has the overall career record with 32 rushing TDs (2014-16).

While Flowers holds the record for most passing TDs in a season, he still trails Marquel Blackwell's 67 career passing TDs (1999-2002)

The season passing yards record was nearly eclipsed last season with QF's 2,812, falling just short of Matt Grothe's 2,911 (2008).  

It's early, but any speculation on what QF's numbers will be for the yellow highlighted areas?  Will he pass Blackwell's mark? Break Grothe's record?

Do you expect an uptick in rushing or passing TDs?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  40
  • Days Won:  0

I think he passes for 3,500 and rushes for 1,500

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1000 rush yards 13 TDs

3200 pass yards 28 TDs

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Hard to say without seeing the offense, but if it's not built around him then I'll worry about our coaches.

1200 rushing, 3000 +/- 100 passing.   ...I'm not worried

* I will say though QF is complete awesomeness, comparing his stats to those earned in the BE by MG & BJD is not really apples/apples.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,698
  • Days Won:  2

I really don't care what his stats are. What matters is our record at the end of the year, titles, and bowl games. 

QF is a stud but his statline is the least of my worries. Go get those Wins 

Edited by mjadams
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

15 minutes ago, mjadams said:

I really don't care what his stats are. What matters is our record at the end of the year, titles, and bowl games. 

My guess is that this would be Quinton's answer as well.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, mjadams said:

53 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

My guess is that this would be Quinton's answer as well.

Yes - that would be his answer, but we all know he absolutely cares what his stats are. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

I think one of the reason Strong's QB's last season didn't run for as many yards is because their yards per carry was terrible. Swoopes and Buechele had 151 carries between them, so its not like Texas didn't hand them the ball (Flowers ran 47 more carries, with 21 of those coming in our 13th game. So in 12 games he only had 26 more carries, or a little more than 2 per game).  Swoopes had 54 carries for a paltry 3.2 YPC. Buechele was even worse, 71 carries for 1.6 YPC. So neither were really reliable, that's 2.4 YPC! 

You hand Flowers the ball on a running play, on average he gets you 2nd and short or third and short. Hand the other two the ball, now you're in 2nd or 3rd and long, suddenly you have to pass the ball 7+ yards on third down or whatever. 

And speaking of third down. Texas' overall 3DC% was 36.08%.  It was 40%+ in the first couple of months of play, but by November they were only converting 3rd Down 26.47%. 

USF'S last year? 44.21%. In October, we had a 50.65 3PC%. So much more effective on 3rd down.   

I say all of this to say, some of the replies so far have had Flowers throwing more and running less. I actually think he gets back up into the 14-1500's in total rushing yards. I would expect his workload to compare to last year's, but he'll have a lot more success than Texas had with their QBs.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Breedwell said:

I think one of the reason Strong's QB's last season didn't run for as many yards is because their yards per carry was terrible. Swoopes and Buechele had 151 carries between them, so its not like Texas didn't hand them the ball (Flowers ran 47 more carries, with 21 of those coming in our 13th game. So in 12 games he only had 26 more carries, or a little more than 2 per game).  Swoopes had 54 carries for a paltry 3.2 YPC. Buechele was even worse, 71 carries for 1.6 YPC. So neither were really reliable, that's 2.4 YPC! 

You hand Flowers the ball on a running play, on average he gets you 2nd and short or third and short. Hand the other two the ball, now you're in 2nd or 3rd and long, suddenly you have to pass the ball 7+ yards on third down or whatever. 

And speaking of third down. Texas' overall 3DC% was 36.08%.  It was 40%+ in the first couple of months of play, but by November they were only converting 3rd Down 26.47%. 

USF'S last year? 44.21%. In October, we had a 50.65 3PC%. So much more effective on 3rd down.   

I say all of this to say, some of the replies so far have had Flowers throwing more and running less. I actually think he gets back up into the 14-1500's in total rushing yards. I would expect his workload to compare to last year's, but he'll have a lot more success than Texas had with their QBs.

Excellent point and analysis.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Yes - that would be his answer, but we all know he absolutely cares what his stats are. 

True, but this is just fan speculation time!  No intent to imply it's all about his stats, but instead to prognosticate how he will progress on his already tremendous arc of success and how that affects overall performance.