• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mitchell Wilcox, Top receiver in AAC

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Q. Who are the top returning receivers in the AAC?

3. Mitchell Wilcox, TE, South Florida – With all of the great receivers in the AAC, it would seem almost impossible for a tight end to crack this list. However, Wilcox was one of the most explosive players in the league last year, averaging 23.18 yards per catch. A second-team all-conference performer in 2016, Wilcox should put up even bigger numbers under new coordinator Sterlin Gilbert’s scheme this fall.

Read rest of report

Everyone has an opinion.  I think Wilcox has massive potential and will contribute in a huge way, but not sure he's positioned correctly on this list.  We'll see.

Replacing Rodney Adams is going to be tough, I'm hoping MVS and McCants (someone?) are able to put up numbers that put them on the total yards list.  A new offense changes things, but we had a lot of success over the top with Adams.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I thought Dillon would have a larger impact, he also had a lot of potential and still does IMO. And WR is still stacked even without RA. We still have Bronson, Barr, Clerveaux, and Salomon, any of which could have a breakout year with QF distracting defenses. Hopefully will be a productive year in the air.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Totally stacked at WR. Scantling Valdez poised for a big year. McCants, Dukes.   DJ out of the backfield. 

I always thought Adams was more a great runner than a receiver  most of plays started at or behing the LOS.  Our group of receivers look to have more downfield ability this year  

It will be a major let down if there is a significant dropoff on offense. We are stacked at every skill position. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I like Mitch but we'll need his ass to block more than catch passes.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Dude could be a real stud. Has excellent hands, runs routes well and can move after the catch. I will always think if he had not fumbled in the Birmingham Bowl I think that game would have been a route. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Wilcox needs to work on covering up the ball.  He had 3-4 bad fumbles last season where he was being gang tackled and didn't cover up the ball or just should've went down because he was stacked up.  

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

Wilcox needs to work on covering up the ball.  He had 3-4 bad fumbles last season where he was being gang tackled and didn't cover up the ball or just should've went down because he was stacked up.  

This. 

I dont know how many fumbles he had but it felt like atleast 2 if 4 that has to be fixed if wants any chance at next level.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Couldn't agree more. Needs to know when enough is enough.