• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Summer Stampede with Strong & Gregory Set for June 21

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

45 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I remember back in 2011, I went to the USF vs. Louisville game in Louisville, and my buddy and I went to the Card Walk (or whatever the hell they call it) before the game, and Strong passed right by us.  He looked so uncomfortable.  

He may be one of those guys who is just at his best when he's in a football atmosphere around young people.  Nothing wrong with that.  However, every job has elements that people don't like too much.  Public events with fans may be that for CCS.  

This is one of the things that ultimately forced him out at Texas.  He wasn't very good with the fan/donor stuff and ultimately it was high level donors that pushed him out due to the lack of strong relationships.  CCS is definitely more mentor than salesman.  

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

14 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

This is one of the things that ultimately forced him out at Texas.  He wasn't very good with the fan/donor stuff and ultimately it was high level donors that pushed him out due to the lack of strong relationships.  CCS is definitely more mentor than salesman.  

This is a great time to point out that of our previous 3 head coaches, the best dealing with fans/donors/media was Skip Holtz. So don't anyone worry about that being necessary to win games. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

23 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

This is a great time to point out that of our previous 3 head coaches, the best dealing with fans/donors/media was Skip Holtz. So don't anyone worry about that being necessary to win games. 

AMEN!

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

45 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

This.  I'd rather a coach be able to work opponents on the field than work a room.  

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

18 hours ago, JimUSFSig said:

that we have a Top 25 program and should have a Top 25 fan base... 

morgan-freeman-hes-right-u-know-hes-right-you-know.jpg

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Someone needed to grab the microphone from her.  I mentioned to my wife that they need to get questions written down before hand and let Jim Lighthall, or someone, pick some out.  No filters on live mikes.  

They tried that... CCS just started taking questions on his own.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Regarding the first question asked, who let that **** tampa judge into the event? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Interesting math by CCS.  I've seen this somewhere before, but can't quite remember where.  

If only 1% of the Tampa Bay area population (3M) attends a USF game that would be 30K in the stands.  No reason we should not have at least 35K no matter who we play.  Really only need 20K attendees if students put 10K in seats for each game.

It's an event, not just a football game and 30K should be very easy.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

11 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

~ 200 people really isn't anything to get too excited about when he was calling for us to help fill a 65k stadium.  Preaching to the choir.  He is going to be sorely disappointed like Taggart.

I'm not basing it on that... I also don't think the fan base was ever really sold on Taggart until the end of last season.  Charlie Strong has his own brand... I am willing to bet attendance goes up this season.  And nobody is calling for us to fill a 65k stadium next season... I don't believe anyone threw that number around.  Most would be happy with 40-44k a game.  The NCAA average for is around 40k.