• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Steven Bench arrested

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, smazza said:

drugs

Image result for charlie sheen ferris bueller's day off

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

Don't think he does drugs. But haven't been in touch with him or the family in a year or so.  He doesn't need money. I've seen him with beer at football games last year.  Very odd, sad thing.  Any chance he may have had with the CFL is gone.

Just read an article online re: Tiger Woods' arrest and he couldn't recite the national anthem backwards.  There is no way I could do that right now and there is no bourbon in my system - yet.  Are they trying to get you to say "I couldn't do that even if I was sober."?

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Just read an article online re: Tiger Woods' arrest and he couldn't recite the national anthem backwards.  There is no way I could do that right now and there is no bourbon in my system - yet.  Are they trying to get you to say "I couldn't do that even if I was sober."?

They asked him to recite the alphabet backwards and they then asked him, "Do you understand what we're asking you to do?" and he responded "yeah, you want me to recite the national anthem backwards". They didn't actually want him to do that. Don't really think he even knew what planet he was on because he always told the cops he was driving home from California and asked them how far away from his house he currently was...

Edited by goldenbrahm1996

Also, back to Bench, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he didn't try to break into a Car Wash. The address for the car wash just the location where he was caught and arrested. I don't know him well, but I see him out from time to time and know a few people who are acquaintances with him, and I would assume that this situation didn't occur like a lot of people in here would like to think. He's a 24 year old who likes to have fun and drink like pretty much any other 24 year old. Considering the location (right down the street from about 10 bars on Howard Ave) it's much more likely it was a stupid drunken situation.

Edited by goldenbrahm1996

15 minutes ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

Also, back to Bench, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he didn't try to break into a Car Wash. The address for the car wash just the location where he was caught and arrested. I don't know him well, but I see him out from time to time and know a few people who are acquaintances with him, and I would assume that this situation didn't occur like a lot of people in here would like to think. He's a 24 year old who likes to have fun and drink like pretty much any other 24 year old. Considering the location (right down the street from about 10 bars on Howard Ave) it's much more likely it was a stupid drunken situation.

I guess I didn't read the part where it says he actually broke into the car wash, so my fault for that. I still would think it's much more likely that he was stumbled down Howard drunk as **** and was an idiot who thought it would be funny to break into the car wash and not a situation where he actually sat down and decided he was gonna break into a car wash to steal some money.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

23 hours ago, Brad said:

Was Bench out with Tiger?

Tiger putting Jupiter on the map again.  We're not EXACTLY neighbors, but this is a big story in the area.  What a struggle in many facets of this life.  Hopefully he pulls it together.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Don't think he does drugs. But haven't been in touch with him or the family in a year or so.  He doesn't need money. I've seen him with beer at football games last year.  Very odd, sad thing.  Any chance he may have had with the CFL is gone.

The drugs comment was for Tiger, I think...and the news today is it was abuse of prescription drugs (blew a 0 for alcohol).  Likely painkillers, and the report says he was asleep at the wheel when police found him.  Imagine their surprise finding Tiger passed out.  Someone has a story for life.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

Did you read the article in the OP?  There was damage done to the car wash building and the affidavit says Bench caused it.  

Edit:  you realized your mistake in a later post.  Now I realize mine.  Apologies. :)

Edited by GaUSFBull

4 hours ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

They asked him to recite the alphabet backwards and they then asked him, "Do you understand what we're asking you to do?" and he responded "yeah, you want me to recite the national anthem backwards". They didn't actually want him to do that. Don't really think he even knew what planet he was on because he always told the cops he was driving home from California and asked them how far away from his house he currently was...

That makes a whole lot more sense.  The article I read on the Channel 10 site is no longer there so can't verify that I'm not crazy and read it wrong.