Sign in to follow this  
Bourbon Bull

Beth Mowins doing 2nd game of leadoff double header

Bourbon Bull    875

Read where she'll team up with Rex Ryan to start off the NFL season.  I cringed every time she did one of USF's football games.  Something about her voice that just sets me off.  It's almost a monotone.  When she tries to emphasize something it gets louder but doesn't seem to change pitch.  Can't quite explain it.   But, because I'm curious about Ryan I may tune in briefly.  

• Upvote 1

swamprat    100

I read an article in the tbt where Mowins had contacted Gail Sierens for advice. I remember Gails call as if it was yesterday. She did a heck of a job back in 87. It's amazing that it's been 30 years since then and no woman has done play by play, until now. Of course, I always watch televised games with the sound down, so I'll never hear Mowins. :)

My favorite NFL broadcast was in 1980, when NBC decided to do a game without any announcers. The technology wasn't quite ready for that then, but I hate color analysts so I enjoyed it. I think that should be tried again, too. 

charsibb    2,116
1 hour ago, swamprat said:

I read an article in the tbt where Mowins had contacted Gail Sierens for advice. I remember Gails call as if it was yesterday. She did a heck of a job back in 87. It's amazing that it's been 30 years since then and no woman has done play by play, until now. Of course, I always watch televised games with the sound down, so I'll never hear Mowins. :)

My favorite NFL broadcast was in 1980, when NBC decided to do a game without any announcers. The technology wasn't quite ready for that then, but I hate color analysts so I enjoyed it. I think that should be tried again, too. 

I remember that game. Twas awesome!