• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Non-sports: USF Call to All

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  202
  • Days Won:  0

I sent emails.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

outrageous

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Why even have these fake metrics? Just fund UF and FSU more instead of these fake metrics tailored to grant them all the money.   They will never allow another state university to rise, they will keep changing the criteria every year if they must to keep the other schools down. It's pathetic and bad for the state. It's not the first time they have changed the criteria when another schools did well or UF and FSU did poorly. 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

I can understand changing the four year graduation rate to 60% and having that point matter over the five year rate, but you can't change the metric OVERNIGHT and have it take affect immediately. Especially since, after graduations that concluded this weekend, USF would've passed the finish line. At the very least you need to put a transition period to give the Universities a chance. Sheesh. Let's pretend to be fair here. We already know these arbitrary distinctions were put in place to protect the flagships, but it's crazy to pull the rug out from under someone who is about to achieve it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

Any action we out-of-state alumni can take?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, NCBull said:

Any action we out-of-state alumni can take?

If you have any relatives in Florida, try to get them to help or get permission to use their name and address ....

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

6 hours ago, Ionbull said:

I can understand changing the four year graduation rate to 60% and having that point matter over the five year rate, but you can't change the metric OVERNIGHT and have it take affect immediately. Especially since, after graduations that concluded this weekend, USF would've passed the finish line. At the very least you need to put a transition period to give the Universities a chance. Sheesh. Let's pretend to be fair here. We already know these arbitrary distinctions were put in place to protect the flagships, but it's crazy to pull the rug out from under someone who is about to achieve it.

I couldn't agree more.  I did the email to congress thingy.  What is there to stop them from doing this in the future like making the endowement size a mandatory criteria?

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.thedailystampede.com/2017/5/7/15574184/usf-preeminent-status-florida-legislature-why-usf-achieves-more

good points in this. It's a shame we only have hours to get the word out to voters.

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

Did mine.