• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs ECU Game Two Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Shane McClanahan was as dominant tonight as anybody all season long.  He struck out 13 in 7 innings.  Not only that, but I kept saying to throw the high heat because nobody was touching it.  When he got pulled after the 7th, I thought he had another inning in him.  I honestly thought he was as strong at that point as he was early in the game.  He made one bad pitch all night, which was hit for a home run.  Other than that one pitch, he was unhittable.  I hope this is just how its going to be from here on out for Shane.  What a performance.  He definitely earned a win tonight, but the bullpen couldn't hold the other team.  Wow, what a performance.  One of the best I've seen in about 8 years of USF Baseball.  Hopefully another person can agree with me on this...Bourbon, what say you?  Boxscore says he threw 94 pitches...dude was flat out nasty tonight, but more so just dominant with his fastball.   

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Louk commented that Shane was throwing just as hard in his last inning as he was in his first, at around 95 MPH. Considering how many strikeouts he had, his pitch count wasn't that high. I was somewhat surprised he was taken out at the time.

Just now, Mama_Bull said:

Louk commented that Shane was throwing just as hard in his last inning as he was in his first, at around 95 MPH. Considering how many strikeouts he had, his pitch count wasn't that high. I was somewhat surprised he was taken out at the time.

Normally I'm one to be proactive with pitchers to take them out before it gets bad...tonight was the opposite.  Shane was so dominant, it wasn't even funny.  Unbelievable performance by him.  I didn't have a pitch count on me during the game, but when he left in the 7th I thought he would at least start the 8th (especially considering Perez and Joe C threw a bunch of pitches last night)...Such a great start, can't believe Valdes blew it but he's had a great year too, so it was understandable.  He really gave the team a shot in the arm with that start!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

11 hours ago, JoeB said:

Shane McClanahan was as dominant tonight as anybody all season long.  He struck out 13 in 7 innings.  Not only that, but I kept saying to throw the high heat because nobody was touching it.  When he got pulled after the 7th, I thought he had another inning in him.  I honestly thought he was as strong at that point as he was early in the game.  He made one bad pitch all night, which was hit for a home run.  Other than that one pitch, he was unhittable.  I hope this is just how its going to be from here on out for Shane.  What a performance.  He definitely earned a win tonight, but the bullpen couldn't hold the other team.  Wow, what a performance.  One of the best I've seen in about 8 years of USF Baseball.  Hopefully another person can agree with me on this...Bourbon, what say you?  Boxscore says he threw 94 pitches...dude was flat out nasty tonight, but more so just dominant with his fastball.   

Missed the game unfortunately.  In fact, Friday night's game was our last as we can't make it today either. But it sure sounds like the best performance of the year by a starter.  Let's get one more today and hope for Houston to lose.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Was talking to the fellow behind me, older gentleman with a Patriots hat, I've actually sat next to him for a couple of games; and we both agreed Shane might've had another in him, at least with a short lease. I also understand keeping his pitches low post-surgery year, but he was flirting with 92-95 all game. It was absolutely gorgeous seeing him fire these fast balls and then watching the ECU hitter whiff on an 80 mph offspeed pitch for strike three. His velo never tapered even when he came out, itn the last few innings he was laboring a bit however. Great overall time for that game, winning in extras is always fun even if it's nerve racking.

10 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Was talking to the fellow behind me, older gentleman with a Patriots hat, I've actually sat next to him for a couple of games; and we both agreed Shane might've had another in him, at least with a short lease. I also understand keeping his pitches low post-surgery year, but he was flirting with 92-95 all game. It was absolutely gorgeous seeing him fire these fast balls and then watching the ECU hitter whiff on an 80 mph offspeed pitch for strike three. His velo never tapered even when he came out, itn the last few innings he was laboring a bit however. Great overall time for that game, winning in extras is always fun even if it's nerve racking.

I was told this today.  He's on a pitch count, somewhere around 90.  He could have easily stayed in that game last night.  ECU couldn't hit him aside from the HR.  I was never as confident in a USF pitcher as I was with Shane last night.  We've had some good ones in the last 10 years ( Otero, Fontanez, Barbosa, Herget, etc), but nobody was that dominant as Shane was last night imo.