• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another Name added to the List of Infamy

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Colby erskin

I'd almost put him instead of Miller ... at 2 behind the BM at the top. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

Mike Bianchi

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Some good suggestions to add to the list.  

I could agree with John McDaid.  I was at that game, such a great atmosphere that night, but certainly not the ending.  That was a BS call.  

I was thinking Schiano as well.  OK, so hate might be a strong term.  But every major school has a list of despised people.  Maybe that is better word then hate.  Yes, Skip won some big games, all in his first year with Leavitt's talent, but then he drove the program into the ground.  Antigua may not deserve to be on the list, but being he drove a program that couldn't have been much lower into further irrelevance I added him. Plus the fact he oversaw a program that is now under NCAA investigation, he was deserving.  Woulard did some great things for the program, but with the waterfall of Big East cash pouring in, I wouldnt expect anything else in regards to facility upgrades.  He gave Holtz an extenstion after a losing season, then fired him 9 months later, costing the university a couple millions dollars.  Plus he was asleep at the wheel during conference realignment.  

1. Skip Holz
  2. Margaret Taylor
  3. Brett McMurphy
  4. Joel Miller
  5. Doug Wollard
  6. Orlando Antigua
  7. John McDaid
  8. Greg Schiano
  9. The Big 12
  10. Mike Bianci
  11. Jeff Fischer
  12. Pitt
  13. Cuse
  14. Colby Erskin http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-bulls-senior-receiver-colby-erskin-tells-investigators-teammate-joel/1063652

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

9 hours ago, Brad said:

Wasn't it Jeff Bowers the guy from So.  Miss that allegedly fought to delay our entry into C-USA because he wanted "quality" and then we summarily kicked his ass and the rest of our future conference?

Not exactly. Jeff Bowers made a jerk comment about the league expanding and adding us, saying the league should be looking for quality not quantity. It started (or fueled a rivalry). In reality, Jeff had no say, it was a President decision, not a head football coach decision. 

UAB was the school fighting out entry into CUSA in 2001. The reason was simple, they had recently moved up to I-A football, and CUSA made them wait to get in, so they fought hard to make sure we didn't get a better deal than they did. The league felt bad, so they helped us with scheduling by setting up 3 games against CUSA teams in 2001 and 4 in 2002 (and we won all 4 in 2002). 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

By the way, if I were to make a list of people Bulls fans should "hate", I certainly wouldn't include any Bulls on that list. No former student athletes, no former coaches and no former administrators. 

Here are some name that might be on my list:

Bianci

Rich Rod

George O'Leary

Nick Saban

That crappy politician whose name is slipping my mind who made USF Lakeland in a stand alone school, wasting millions in tax payer dollars just to build a monument to himself. 

13 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Don't know the other 3 so I don't hate them even though I don't think they did anything to deserve my undying devotion either.

Have you not been watching the news lately?  

Judge Margaret Taylor?  http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19302845/judge-margaret-taylor-calls-south-florida-bulls-coach-charlie-strong-player-arrests

McMurphy is a hack reporter who at one time worked at the Tampa Tribune and then went on to Bleacher Report and ESPN.  He had a personal vendetta with Leavitt after Leavitt refused to give him access.  He pushed the story that got Leavitt fired after being accused of hitting player, Joel Miller.  Colby Erskin leaked it to McMurphy after Miller confided what happened to Erskin.  http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-bulls-senior-receiver-colby-erskin-tells-investigators-teammate-joel/1063652

McMurphy covered the football program for The Tampa Tribune  from the program's start and got on Leavitt's bad side when he wrote a story about two players failing a drug test a few seasons back. The players confirmed it to McMurphy. When he sought to talk about it with Leavitt, Leavitt wouldn't talk, became angry and thus McMurphy was thereafter treated as an enemy of the program.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I'm going to add the Florida State Legislature to this list. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

By the way, if I were to make a list of people Bulls fans should "hate", I certainly wouldn't include any Bulls on that list. No former student athletes, no former coaches and no former administrators. 

Here are some name that might be on my list:

Bianci

Rich Rod

George O'Leary

Nick Saban

That crappy politician whose name is slipping my mind who made USF Lakeland in a stand alone school, wasting millions in tax payer dollars just to build a monument to himself. 

I can agree with those names and can also agree with list being non usf people only. 

Was the politician, JD Alexander or Weatherford?  I remember both being against USF Poly.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1. Winn Dixie

2. Kroger

3. Aldi

Edited by George Jenkins
  • Upvote 3