• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How did USF change your life?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

USF helped me get laid a lot more than if I had stayed in the military on a submarine (although they now have girls on submarines - that could have been a game changer back in the day). USF also allowed me to meet Brad while living in a tent outside of the Sun Dome, which led to my interactions with FarEastBull (gratitude forever to this man). Finally, USF allowed me to get thrown out of baseball stadiums at UCF, UF and FSU while also getting served by the Alachua county district attorney for some art work in Gainesville. Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,328
  • Content Count:  96,946
  • Days Won:  469

No one but The Sheriff with these kind of life-changing events!

I was a lot more involved back then.  Lived just a few miles from the campus, then Orlando, then Baltimore, then Phoenix.  For a while, like back in the days of Sheriff living in a tent, TBP helped with a lot of things to build some following for football and basketball.  Watch parties, text chats off local radio so out of town Bulls could keep up with the game - long before internet radio.  Sponsoring some of Sheriff's road trips, oh my.

Met The Sheriff through FarEastBull when FEB was in Taiwan, I believe.  Finally met FEB in person years later.  Remember when Collin was a pup and a very active student at the time with The Sheriff.  I had great relations with the Athletic Department - Vicki Mitchell and Eric Soncrant.  I really enjoyed knowing those two and being able to position the site in a way to help the program attract fans.

I don't think it changed my life at all, but being around for the birth of USF football was incredible.  It was fun being able to enjoy playing small schools and watching the rise and slaying of big schools.  It was nice to feel incorporated into something big, helping.  It was fun

I've met a lot of great people in the early years.  I guess that is the biggest change.  It's tapered off now that I am in my 10-11th year out here.  Like someone else earlier, I was already into my career when I graduated, so most of my USF memories are around Athletics and the people that it has brought me closer to.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,451
  • Days Won:  25

Saved / cost me a ton of money when I dropped Bucs season tickets and went all in on USF athletics.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

I started off at HCC (where I met my wife) and took a semester off between HCC and USF.  Wife started her Mechanical Engineering degree at USF my semester off and I was last working on a Business degree.  When I found myself helping her with homework questions I knew that I was going to be doing engineering as well.  I was the first one in my family to go to college (youngest of four kids) and at times, graduation felt like an unobtainable goal.  The years came and went I both my wife and I stuck with engineering and she graduated a semester ahead of me in 2006 (USF's 50th Anniversary) and I went into 2007.  I met one of my closest friends at USF and countless friends.  USF helped me achieve things professionally that I never thought would be possible growing up.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  9,894
  • Content Count:  66,066
  • Days Won:  172

On 5/6/2017 at 7:37 AM, ForestBull said:

Met my wife at USF

i met others future wives by the boatload

seriously,i became a man  at usf

i had so much fun at usf and learned how to allocate my time

i feel i got a great education

i loved tampa but i knew my future was in california both economically and socially

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, smazza said:

i met others future wives by the boatload

seriously,i became a man  at usf

i had so much fun at usf and learned how to allocate my time

i feel i got a great education

i loved tampa but i knew my future was in california both economically and socially

:GoBulls:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,608
  • Content Count:  74,428
  • Days Won:  422

Have to assume that most with these USF testimonials are already involved but in case some aren't, here's a great way to show your appreciation for how USF affected you, #noexcuses. Not sure I've ever taken a look at that page before and didn't realize how specific you can get with your giving.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Was the step I needed to get into Grad School......

Meet, Married and had our first child at USF....

Go Bulls