• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

4* DE Jordan Woods Transfers to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  7

49 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

So the scoop from my GA Tech source:

1) He had a nickname at GT, "Three and Out."  Apparently he came in as a freshman and said he'd play three years and he'd be off to the NFL.  

2) He's not a big fan of hitting.  

So it looks like there may be some maturity issues here ... I guess we'll see how it all plays out.  

Not a big fan of hitting? I have a feeling that Charlie Strong will make him a huge fan of hitting and if he doesn't become a huge fan of hitting he may be 3 games and out

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Georgia Tech's Jordan Woods transferring to USF

..."I feel like USF was a great school for me," Woods, who hurt his shoulder in preseason camp last August, said in a text message Tuesday morning. "And putting on that helmet and representing the state of Florida was an honor."

A former Ocala Trinity Catholic star who played his senior year at Citra North Marion (former Bulls TE Sean Price's alma mater), Woods will have to sit out the 2017 season.

Deemed a four-star prospect by Rivals.com, Woods was ranked the state's No. 9 defensive end as a senior by Scout.com. He said he was recruited by Strong and Brian Jean-Mary -- currently the Bulls defensive coordinator -- when both were still at Louisville.

Read more at:  http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/georgia-techs-jordan-woods-transferring-to-usf/2322393

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Drama or not, Strong will make a good mentor for the kid. All you can do is get the talent and hope they pan out...and we need the pass rush. One more year should help make sure he's 100% by the time he gets in the first game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

27 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Drama or not, Strong will make a good mentor for the kid. All you can do is get the talent and hope they pan out...and we need the pass rush. One more year should help make sure he's 100% by the time he gets in the first game.

Didn't work out so well with that Jackson fellow.  You can lead a horse to water but.......

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

We have been a transfer haven as of late. Let's hope they produce as our track record is not so great in that department. How many more scholarships do we have to give? 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

He was injured while practicing at GT.

Because of that, he already sat out a year

He left GT,apparently, on good terms.

He chose to transfer to USF, one of his favorites early on.

I'm sure he could have transferred to any number of schools.

We should welcome him with open arms.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Didn't work out so well with that Jackson fellow.  You can lead a horse to water but.......

Well, yeah, there's that part about years & years of conditioning...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, raptorcj said:

Strong will make a good mentor for the kid. 

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

That Jackson fellow had a rep for doing what he did before he got here?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,508

5 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

So GTech stood by him through his injury and he couldn't give them one healthy year?

So many diva kids out here.

Just like a coach can leave whenever he wants so can a player. I'm sure many college kids who don't play sports decide to go to a different college while they are gong to school. This is America, a free country. How does that make him a diva? The team didn't do him a favor, if you get injured they are SUPPOSE to stand by you.  And hell if they find somebody better then you become old news and ride the bench, so not like teams are that loyal to players either. Don't be so quick to judge people you have never met. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,508

4 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

So the scoop from my GA Tech source:

1) He had a nickname at GT, "Three and Out."  Apparently he came in as a freshman and said he'd play three years and he'd be off to the NFL.  

2) He's not a big fan of hitting.  

So it looks like there may be some maturity issues here ... I guess we'll see how it all plays out.  

The "three and out" statement might have a been a joke he made and people just named him that. In football you are suppose to TACKLE the offensive player so as long as he does that then I can live w/o him hitting people. the past 2 years we've had players going for the big hit and missing the player altogether, allowing us to get burned for mad yards.