• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2017 C/PF Dimon Carrigan offered (re-classified to 2018)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

On Tuesday, May 02, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Vega said:

I think this guy gains USF at least 6 pts a game based on nothing more then his game changing skills as a defender. That is HUGE and would give USF a great rebounding and defending frontcourt.

I've seen a few mentions of him as a " 2018" player.

Since, he doesn't seem to be rushing his recruitment at the moment, that might very well be correct.

Hopefully, that is the case and we get him for our next class.

This current article says he is a junior:

NIKE EYBL INDIANAPOLIS DEFENSIVE POTS: DIMON CARRIGAN

05/02/2017, 6:00pm EDT
By D1 Circuit Staff

DefensivePOTS.png

Another session, another award for Dimon Carrigan.

BABC's big man continued his stellar defensive play at EYBL Indianapolis, cementing his spot as the top shot-blocker on the circuit. 

At EYBL Hampton, Carrigan led the EYBL with 16 blocked shots while averaging 7.7 rebounds per game, resulting in three wins for the Boston-based Elite Youth Basketball affiliate.  

BABC won three more games in Indianapolis, due in large part to their stifling defense led by Carrigan, who has adjusted nicely to the EYBL.

"Adjusting to this level of competition was fairly easy because of my coaches and teammates who have been here before," Carrigan said. "They just said scoring will come and focus on the defensive end."

The 6-foot-9 junior was even more dominant blocking shots in the second session, averaging 4.8 blocks per game, including an EYBL season-high eight blocks in a huge win over Bradley Beal Elite.

Carrigan's presence allow his teammates to play defense much more freely, and he's proven the ability to produce without getting into foul trouble. He tallied five blocks in the Indy opener and three a piece in games two and three, totaling 19 blocks for the session. It's clear Carrigan prides himself on his defense, and he knows he's even more impactful than his numbers imply.

"Because of my length and my ability off my second jump, it really helps to block shots and change the game," Carrigan said. "I'm not just blocking shots, you really have to pay attention to how I'm changing the shots."

If Carrigan can keep this up, you can expect BABC to maintain their status as one of the most complete teams on the circuit. Carrigan knows he's learning from the best.

"The knowledge that man contains is beyond most," Carrigan praised of Director Leo Papile. "Playing with these guys is different. Getting coached by him (Papile) and head coach Shawn Brown is just amazing, they're putting me through workouts I've never been through before."

We caught up with BABC's defensive-stopper in Indy, asking him about his adjustment to the EYBL, his thoughts on the next level and what he does best on the court.

http://www.d1circuit.com/news_article/show/787850

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Mama_Bull said:

I've seen a few mentions of him as a " 2018" player.

Since, he doesn't seem to be rushing his recruitment at the moment, that might very well be correct.

Hopefully, that is the case and we get him for our next class.

This current article says he is a junior:

NIKE EYBL INDIANAPOLIS DEFENSIVE POTS: DIMON CARRIGAN

05/02/2017, 6:00pm EDT
By D1 Circuit Staff

DefensivePOTS.png

Another session, another award for Dimon Carrigan.

BABC's big man continued his stellar defensive play at EYBL Indianapolis, cementing his spot as the top shot-blocker on the circuit. 

At EYBL Hampton, Carrigan led the EYBL with 16 blocked shots while averaging 7.7 rebounds per game, resulting in three wins for the Boston-based Elite Youth Basketball affiliate.  

BABC won three more games in Indianapolis, due in large part to their stifling defense led by Carrigan, who has adjusted nicely to the EYBL.

"Adjusting to this level of competition was fairly easy because of my coaches and teammates who have been here before," Carrigan said. "They just said scoring will come and focus on the defensive end."

The 6-foot-9 junior was even more dominant blocking shots in the second session, averaging 4.8 blocks per game, including an EYBL season-high eight blocks in a huge win over Bradley Beal Elite.

Carrigan's presence allow his teammates to play defense much more freely, and he's proven the ability to produce without getting into foul trouble. He tallied five blocks in the Indy opener and three a piece in games two and three, totaling 19 blocks for the session. It's clear Carrigan prides himself on his defense, and he knows he's even more impactful than his numbers imply.

"Because of my length and my ability off my second jump, it really helps to block shots and change the game," Carrigan said. "I'm not just blocking shots, you really have to pay attention to how I'm changing the shots."

If Carrigan can keep this up, you can expect BABC to maintain their status as one of the most complete teams on the circuit. Carrigan knows he's learning from the best.

"The knowledge that man contains is beyond most," Carrigan praised of Director Leo Papile. "Playing with these guys is different. Getting coached by him (Papile) and head coach Shawn Brown is just amazing, they're putting me through workouts I've never been through before."

We caught up with BABC's defensive-stopper in Indy, asking him about his adjustment to the EYBL, his thoughts on the next level and what he does best on the court.

http://www.d1circuit.com/news_article/show/787850

I to see that as well and it is confusing. Other articles say he is a 2017 recruit. I really want to know because I really want this guy in a Bulls uniform. To me you make a spot for this kind of player imo. Certainly if he's a 2018 prospect then that means no one on the team has to leave or not make it for him to have an open scholarship. However if he's a 2018 recruit then USF chances of landing him might decrease as other schools will get involved. Time will tell lol

http://insidethehuddlema.com/2017/03/03/dimon-carrigan-class-of-2017-of-cambridge-talks-with-ithma-3317/

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/recruits/auto_replace-87

http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/41600/2016-espnboston-miaa-all-state-boys-basketball-team

This would explain the confusement. He must have decided to reclassifiy to 2018.

Dimon Carrigan - NR. Cambridge, MA. Likely going to reclassify into 2018. Will play on BABC for EYBL. 2017 Public Player of The Year in Massachusetts - at Patrick’s old HS, Cambridge Rindge & Latin. Outplayed Shareef O’Neal in a match-up this season in HS ball.

http://www.casualhoya.com/2017/4/17/15329464/georgetown-hoyas-basketball-recruiting-class-2017-2018-2019

HoopDreamsMag.com @HoopDreamsMag  Apr 24
2018 6'9" BABC/Cambridge Rindge & Latin F/C Dimon Carrigan picked up an offer from Houston today.
  1. RT RonMFlores: Dimon Carrigan of #FAB50 Rindge & Latin (BABC) 6-9 2010 2018 has a terrific inside game. Steady, and challenges shots, too. …

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Towson offered Woodstock Academy's 2018 forward, Dimon Carrigan.

He will be attending Woodstock Academy for a post graduate year. As such, he will reclassify to 2018:

Every spring we see some of the top student athletes announce where they will be attending high school or prep school in the fall as they look to enhance both their academic and athletic profiles. Many of these kids will end up being top recruits going to some of the best college programs in the country.

Basketball

Jakigh Dottin ’18 – Cambridge Rindge & Latin – Woodstock Academy

Dimon Carrigan ’18 – Cambridge Rindge & Latin – Woodstock Academy

http://insidethehuddlema.com/2017/04/20/mass-high-school-transfer-list-42017/

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/sports/20170308/woodstock-academy-will-host-postgraduate-basketball-program-in-2017-18

His HS teammate PG Jakigh Dottin will be joining him there. He is also starting to draw attention from D1 colleges.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...