• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Solid CWT Article

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

CWT? Never heard of him.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

30 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Taggart's coaching staff is stacked out in Oregon. I think he'll be just fine. He left us in a better situation than he found us, so he's okay with me. 

Same here.

Honestly it worked out great for both parties.  The timing allowed is to be in the right position to get CCS and CWT gets to continue chasing after his goal.     

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

4 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Why do you hate Mario Cristobal and Marcus Arroyo?  Especially Arroyo, since he has Tampa ties?

Nothing at all against them.

I just didn't like the way Taggart went after all of our verbals. Those players were recruited while USF was paying him.

When Holtz came here he made it a point to say he would not recruit players he had recruited while at ECU. I respected that.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, Mama_Bull said:

I just didn't like the way Taggart went after all of our verbals

I only recall him going after the 3, or just 2 of them, from the central Florida area ...

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  6

7 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Nothing at all against them.

I just didn't like the way Taggart went after all of our verbals. Those players were recruited while USF was paying him.

When Holtz came here he made it a point to say he would not recruit players he had recruited while at ECU. I respected that.

He went after 3; all of the WR's where we are loaded at and all 3 had pretty much committed just to him. One of those recruits was not going to make it in due to grades/tests anyway. No ill will towards him on my end. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

36 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Players, these days, commit to the man who is the coach first.  That's the first part of the school they meet and get to know.  The love of the school they comes later.  

I don't begrudge Taggart for wanting to bring some key kids to Oregon whom he had already spent time and energy building a relationship with.  Yeah, he was getting a USF paycheck, but he did his job, didn't he?  He also did his job well.  That's why I don't really care too much about him snagging some recruits.  Clearly they were committed to Taggart first, and wouldn't be here anyway.

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I don't even bother reading articles about this guy. He is gone, I care about as much for him as I do the new coach at Purdue..in other words not at all. 

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I don't even bother reading articles about this guy. He is gone, I care about as much for him as I do the new coach at Purdue..in other words not at all. 

Yet ....

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Hey... I'm just glad we ended up with a good coach and from everything I've seen, a better overall coaching staff because Taggart left.  I know nobody has played a game but I do know a good team when I see it.  It looks like we are poised to be better than last season.   Thanks to Taggart for the players but I actually don't care about what he does at Oregon.  Love CJL but I didn't root for the Buffs  or the 49ers because he was coaching there.  I will actually be rooting against him because Oregon is one of my least favorite Pac 12 schools... along with Stanford, Wazzu, Arizona, and Colorado... Taggart coaching there isn't going to change that.  But I wish him no ill-will.  I thank him actually.  He fixed our broken toy and made it better. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I didn't even know Purdue had a new coach.  You clearly know more about that than I do.