• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No more Miami Beach Bowl...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

11 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Wasn't the Bham bowl just as bad a time slot? Thursday in early afternoon.

Thursday > Monday. Plus it was closer to NYE. Any game after Christmas is in that sweet spot where a lot of folks can take long vacations or extended time off, which makes games right before Christmas, especially during the weekday, nearly impossible for anyone. 

Edited by Ionbull

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 4/21/2017 at 5:29 PM, 206BULL said:

We need the AAC to sign on with the Vegas Bowlto replace the Miami Beach Bowl...

On 4/21/2017 at 5:30 PM, SANJAY said:

Maybe. But our other bowl options if we don't make the Access Bowl are St. Peter, Boca, Orlando and Birmingham.

Miami provided an easy "roadie" for our growing fan base. I just don't see all that many clamoring for Las Vegas, but I'd love to proved wrong. We don't have that "P5" fan base yet. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

BHam > Miami in most aspects, missed the squatting women which is terribly unfortunate and in Bham i had some guy chase me (on foot) while I was driving because evidently I looked at him too long when he jumped out in front of my car when i was leaving the parking lot which was of some comedic value but being by myself i wasn't keen on any altercations, especially in B-Ham, however, my hotel kicked ass, i didnt have to drag any of my kids along cause the drive 'was too long' and I didnt have to deal with that whole art-deco garbage, ok, jk, jk. My biggest ***** about the Miami bowl was the time slot, it wouldnt have been too bad if it was the monday after xmas but almost a full week before xmas? who, besides us, would even bother to watch that. I love bowl games, love 'em all, love the gambling, the daily eating and drinking, love it all but I would have chalked up that bowl, if we werent in it, as a, "I don't care". I'm not taking time off of work to watch that game.  At least Bham offered upgraded tickets so you could pay more to sit in an yellow fenced off area so the inmates couldnt get to you, well unless they climbed over the two foot high barrier or walked into the entrance of the section, I keed, I keed, really, at least Bham was between xmas and nye, AND it was against an SEC team rather than some other G5 team. BHam > Miami, and if you've never been to SF, that place rocks, absolutely rocks, there is nothing like it in this country. Nothing, Seattle is more like Chicago than SF, LA is more like Dallas than SF, SF is an amazing, beautiful, expensive city. I would equate it to a cleaner, prettier, more intelligent Boston

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

27 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Miami provided an easy "roadie" for our growing fan base. I just don't see all that many clamoring for Las Vegas, but I'd love to proved wrong. We don't have that "P5" fan base yet. 

uh, im clamoring for Vegas so...., oh wait, you mean for a specific football game? I thought you talking daily wish lists

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

10 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

uh, im clamoring for Vegas so...., oh wait, you mean for a specific football game? 

Bingo. 

I'd love to check out Vegas at any opportunity; a USF bowl game would only make it sweeter for me. When some are complaining about the number of non-Saturday games, I have a hunch that these folks would also complain about a bowl game "all the way out" in Vegas. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

To provide some perspective, the Miami Beach Bowl in 2015 drew 1.2 million viewers (down from 1.3 million for the Memphis/BYU Brawl game in 2014. This year's game between Tulsa and Central Michigan, on the same Monday and same time slot, drew 794,000. So that bowl game seemed to be trending in the wrong direction. For perspective, the 2016 Birmingham Bowl was viewed by 2.3 million.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

From USF's perspective didn't they sell about 5k for Miami and 3.5 - 4 for B'ham.  If the money from TV is the same didn't we make out a bit better being closer to our fan base.  I'm really just discussing for discussion sake and don't have a huge preference either way.  But the closer to NYE a game is the less likely I am to go.  Did the Sun Bowl thing on NYE but missed the 2 up in Charlotte.  NYE, even at my age, is still a fun time and like to be near home if possible.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

You must realize my Vegas quip was for selfish reasons. It takes me 20 minutes depending on traffic to get to the stadium it is played in.