• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tulsa now a Thursday Game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,627
  • Days Won:  6

23 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Just from our point of view.  We go to all games. But, in the past, we've purchased 2 extra tickets and have tried to bring friends to the games. Getting people to the Thursday and Friday night games has been difficult and with 2 of those scheduled we decided not to go for the 2 extra tix this season.  This just makes our decision look a lot better.  We actually only dropped 1 ticket since our youngest grandson will need a ticket next year and we didn't want to risk not being able to get 1 next year next to where we are.  Besides us not playing well on Thursdays historically, being viewed on national TV in a 3/4 empty stadium does nothing for our stature as a preeminent program.  

This. My problem is how we look on tv during these games. I always get texts from family out of state asking "where is everybody?" which is what the national tv audience is thinking. Oh well I'll be there as usual. Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

It doesn't bring out the serious fan either. I dropped season tickets a few years ago when my second son was born and we sucked, but was planning on taking the plunge and buying them again this year. Nope. No way I can bring a 6 and 3 year old to a night game and make it past half time. So now I'm down to 4 games I can attend. 1 is UMass and 1 is Stony Brook. I'd get better value out of burning my cash.

I will have a hard time making 2 Thursday night and a Friday night game. I work in st Pete and its difficult to get there and my boss is not about to give me 2 thursdays and a Friday off in a month

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Thursday night? Consider that an L 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Saturday's are a little easier to swing since I have all day to work out the logistics. Weekdays, Friday included, the late start and finish plus going from work to home and back out with two young kids makes it nearly impossible to pull off. It is what it is. When I'm down to a lineup of UMass, Stony Brook, Cincy, and Houston I think I'll just give the money to college of Arts and Sciences,

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

28 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Saturday's are a little easier to swing since I have all day to work out the logistics. Weekdays, Friday included, the late start and finish plus going from work to home and back out with two young kids makes it nearly impossible to pull off. It is what it is. When I'm down to a lineup of UMass, Stony Brook, Cincy, and Houston I think I'll just give the money to college of Arts and Sciences,

I gave up the Bulls Club once they changed their policy and wouldn't let me start a fund like I have at the school of medicine.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Just now, JTrue said:

When you can't justify season tickets, there are always tickets available in the secondary market...usually cheaper too.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

First 3 non-Saturday home games since 2008 per JK ... What it puts a real crimp in is tailgating.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

17 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Just from our point of view.  We go to all games. But, in the past, we've purchased 2 extra tickets and have tried to bring friends to the games. Getting people to the Thursday and Friday night games has been difficult and with 2 of those scheduled we decided not to go for the 2 extra tix this season.  This just makes our decision look a lot better.  We actually only dropped 1 ticket since our youngest grandson will need a ticket next year and we didn't want to risk not being able to get 1 next year next to where we are.  Besides us not playing well on Thursdays historically, being viewed on national TV in a 3/4 empty stadium does nothing for our stature as a preeminent program.  

17 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

This. My problem is how we look on tv during these games. I always get texts from family out of state asking "where is everybody?" which is what the national tv audience is thinking. Oh well I'll be there as usual. Go Bulls!

Bottom line is we are what we are. This thread is fraught with examples of the obstacles that have faced USF in trying to build a donor base, which is the key to being a preeminent program. I expect the worse in regards to attendance for those 3 games with the hopes I'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I don't know how we could turn down a TV game when we are struggling for relevance in a conference struggling for relevance.  

While the world will see the lack of enthusiasm by the Tampa locals, it gives Quinton and the boys some time to showcase.  Players like TV, fans like TV.  Hopefully USF uses the 4 months ahead of them to figure out how to make this the must see team in town.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Brad said:

I don't know how we could turn down a TV game when we are struggling for relevance in a conference struggling for relevance.  

While the world will see the lack of enthusiasm by the Tampa locals, it gives Quinton and the boys some time to showcase.  Players like TV, fans like TV.  Hopefully USF uses the 4 months ahead of them to figure out how to make this the must see team in town.

Yeah this match-up could be the two top teams in the AAC, primetime, on national TV. Don't forget, there are tons of people who watch these weekday games because it's FOOTBALL. Some will poke fun at the crowd and others won't care; either way the more chances on tv the better. As a season ticket holder it kind of sucks to see the tailgating footprint go down, but for a program trying to find its footing; being competitive when the national eye is watching is a must. Plus, he more uncompeting games on TV; he more games that bowl committees, the playoff committee and Heisman voters are watching.