• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tulsa now a Thursday Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, RaisingFenix said:

At least it follows a bye week

It's a bye week for Tulsa as well, so that's a wash. On a positive note, it gives us an extra 2 days of rest for the UCF game the following Friday. UCF plays at Temple on 11/18, so hopefully that is a night game that goes late and limits their prep time for their game against us. 

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I don't think its been mentioned yet, but this will be Senior Day/Night.  One of our greatest Senior classes ever.  Don't like this change in schedule.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,507
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Skingraft said:

22,000 butts in seats here we come.. I like the TV exposure, but a Thursday night game against a **** team doesn't exactly bring out the casual fan who has to get up the next day and go to work... would love to be wrong

Tulsa is hardly a **** team, but I assume you mean "name" team, like most of the AAC is.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, Skingraft said:

22,000 butts in seats here we come.. I like the TV exposure, but a Thursday night game against a **** team doesn't exactly bring out the casual fan who has to get up the next day and go to work... would love to be wrong

It doesn't bring out the serious fan either. I dropped season tickets a few years ago when my second son was born and we sucked, but was planning on taking the plunge and buying them again this year. Nope. No way I can bring a 6 and 3 year old to a night game and make it past half time. So now I'm down to 4 games I can attend. 1 is UMass and 1 is Stony Brook. I'd get better value out of burning my cash.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

13 minutes ago, JTrue said:

It doesn't bring out the serious fan either. I dropped season tickets a few years ago when my second son was born and we sucked, but was planning on taking the plunge and buying them again this year. Nope. No way I can bring a 6 and 3 year old to a night game and make it past half time. So now I'm down to 4 games I can attend. 1 is UMass and 1 is Stony Brook. I'd get better value out of burning my cash.

If the night game is the issue that keeps you away, then I don't know if it would really matter if it were a Thursday or Saturday kickoff. Other than FSU (special game) and UCF (special, Black Friday game) the only home day game we had was Homecoming against ECU. In fact, the only other regular season pre-7pm kickoff road game we had was a 3:30 at Syracuse. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

He really does not seem connected to USF yet. I'm not blaming him as much as I am everyone talking about Texas and Louisville so much with him. Hopefully he starts to redirect those questions and talking about the team he is with today and make that the focus of the interview.

Apparently I missed something in the conversation. What conversation are you referring to?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

Apparently I missed something in the conversation. What conversation are you referring to?

Probably over here:  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,507
  • Days Won:  422

35 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Although I completely understand part of your dilemma, a serious fan finds a way, and doesn't use opponent as an excuse ... a new fan classification may be in order.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

Just from our point of view.  We go to all games. But, in the past, we've purchased 2 extra tickets and have tried to bring friends to the games. Getting people to the Thursday and Friday night games has been difficult and with 2 of those scheduled we decided not to go for the 2 extra tix this season.  This just makes our decision look a lot better.  We actually only dropped 1 ticket since our youngest grandson will need a ticket next year and we didn't want to risk not being able to get 1 next year next to where we are.  Besides us not playing well on Thursdays historically, being viewed on national TV in a 3/4 empty stadium does nothing for our stature as a preeminent program.