• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mack to Bucs in second round?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Would be ideal:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm thinking more 3rd or 4th round.  And that's IF the Bucs don't take Dalvin Cook in the 1st.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

I'm thinking more 3rd or 4th round.  And that's IF the Bucs don't take Dalvin Cook in the 1st.  

A couple of things make me think they're not going to take him.  One, they have more pressing needs than RB and it's a deep RB class and two, the GM said that they weren't going to take someone just because he's a fan favorite among local Buccaneer fans.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

the GM said that they weren't going to take someone just because he's a fan favorite among local Buccaneer fans.

This has been proven time and again.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

This has been proven time and again.

Just my opinion, but I think he was referring to Cook this time though.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

Was the punter last year a fan favorite?   I think Mack would be available in 3rd or 4th round. 

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

A couple of things make me think they're not going to take him.  One, they have more pressing needs than RB and it's a deep RB class and two, the GM said that they weren't going to take someone just because he's a fan favorite among local Buccaneer fans.

With the addition of DeSean Jackson, there is no more pressing need on the Bucs offense than RB.  Doug Martin will miss the first three games, and then all that's left is Jacquizz Rodgers and Peyton Barber.  Those two were around the most last year and the Bucs finished something like 29th in rushing offense.

And if you believe anything a GM says about the draft this time of year, I have a bridge to sell you at a great price.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

With the addition of DeSean Jackson, there is no more pressing need on the Bucs offense than RB.  Doug Martin will miss the first three games, and then all that's left is Jacquizz Rodgers and Peyton Barber.  Those two were around the most last year and the Bucs finished something like 29th in rushing offense.

And if you believe anything a GM says about the draft this time of year, I have a bridge to sell you at a great price.

Charles Sims too. If Cook falls to the Bucs I find it hard to believe they will pass up on him unless there's a guy like OJ Howard on the board; I just think the Jameis connection would be too strong. Cook's gonna be good, but I still believe Mack is the same runner. It's funny watching FSU//Buc fans on their SBN site talk about Cook though. Anytime anyone brings up passing him by they go full on attack mode. I really want them to draft Mack and Rodney so bad though. 

I love Mack, but Cook is a far better RB.

• Downvote 2