• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

Agreed. Been around for the Grothe and BJ eras and have to say that QF has taken it to another level. He's the ultimate competitor and we are truly fortunate to have him

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Well said...

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

Well said. Thank God Taggart shared Quinton's vision and gave him a chance. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

6 hours ago, FarEastBull said:

We Bulls go through a lot, for better and for worse, as the University and Athletics program change and grow. And before we look back because time has marched on, I want to bring everyone’s attention to something quite Amazing: The Quinton Flowers Era

Of all the USF players whom I got to see play and know from a fan’s perspective over the years, to me, Quinton Flowers has been the most special USF athlete up to this point for the following reasons, not really in order:

(1) His highlight reels. Yes, he’s a great USF player for sure. If you ever doubt him, remember the last play against South Carolina in the bowl game!

(2) He came to USF when the football program stunk something awful. It’s great when we are winning and ranked and players sign with us because we are going up.

(3) His on the field performance has dramatically impacted USF football’s resurgence and current status. You take out Quinton’s QB play and you cannot tell me we would be where we are today.

(4) This is where he separates himself from my list of other great USF players past and present: Who he is and his journey and how he represents himself:

*Top programs didn’t want him as a QB –including coaches like Coach Strong. He wanted to prove them wrong and he did! Think of it. Everybody says you can’t be a college QB. And you go out and prove them wrong on a NATIONAL LEVEL. He’s now got a chance to win the Heisman!

*His debut as USF’s QB wasn’t exactly stellar. And then he had another person tragedy but he stayed with the team and played, instead of going home that weekend. And he could have transferred out during that rough patch. But he stuck it out –at QB and at USF. BTW, how many USF men’s basketball players have transferred out and over what? See my point?

*He had a lot of interviews over the years and he had every opportunity to say stuff. All he’s ever done has been to be humble and be upstanding. You never read anything negative about him in the news. Classy all the way.

*He has had so many challenges both in his personal life (that we know about through the news) and on the football field and he’s pushed through them all. The season before, he came home to Miami in USF’s first bowl game in a long time and he looked nervous at times and didn’t play so well. A year later, he went out and guided USF to a tough victory over South Carolina.

Anyway, I just want us to not forget how special Mr. Quinton Flowers is and that we are very fortunate to have him for one more year in a USF uniform. We’ll all look back one day and say, “Yeah, that was a special time.”

I wouldn't say Flowers stunk something terrible.  The guy was a four star athlete who knew he could be a college QB.  Some of us who'd follow recruiting and knew who he was in high school knew he had skills.  His true freshman season, he should have redshirted and been given time to develop into the guy we saw in his soph season.  Taggart threw him out there and then had chains on him.  I think it was much less to do with Flowers than the coaching he was receiving at the time.  His soph season when Taggart let him just play midway through the season was who he was.  Then King started his development into the guy we see now.  Now Gilbert I believe is taking him to another level.  So I don't think he stunk at all... it was that West Coast system and lack of confidence by Taggart that held him back.  The only adjustment Taggart made was trusting the kid to play.  Flowers saved Taggarts job and got him the job at Oregon.  If you look at the SMU game from his frosh season, you can see flashes of the guy we have now.

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

when usf made it to number 2 in the usa was usf's finest moment

last year was second

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

His personal struggle has made him a true leader with ice in his veins.  We are lucky to have him.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Thanks FarEastBull, you're right.  We need to savor each remaining moment with QF and not focus solely on W/L or 13 Ws.  Back in '08 & '09 it was only about wins and short stretches of losses and the fans lost their way.

Quinton is a remarkable young man the university and fans can be proud of.  Learning to know the student-athletes and their level of work and commitment to the team and school is inspiring. 

We have a treasure to enjoy. Looking forward to Quinton's 2017 season.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

It's his last season boys, buckle up and enjoy it. I really hope he tears it up this year, gets an invite to NYC and gets drafted. Wish nothing but the best for that young man and all he has endured. 

• Upvote 2