• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF men's hoops roster evolving

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

6 minutes ago, JoshuaG said:

Firstly, he shot for 39% at Penn State. So not a COA problem. Even though everything appears to be.

Secondly, I thought he did very well for us. My, "we saw how that worked out", wasn't meant to be negative as I believe he was as standout as it gets for us. I've mentioned how our grad transfers have actually been work horses for us in the best of ways. Sorry for the misunderstanding 

My bad, too, I did take it as a negative ..... and where you refer to grad transfers being work horses, do you mean just regular transfers? The only grad transfer that immediately comes to mind is Kore White and I'm not sure I could classify him like that.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

My bad, too, I did take it as a negative ..... and where you refer to grad transfers being work horses, do you mean just regular transfers? The only grad transfer that immediately comes to mind is Kore White and I'm not sure I could classify him like that.

I realized after I read the reply that it read more negatively than I meant. I messed up Geno because he is "graduate transferring" now and I believe Angel Nunez was a graduate transfer as well.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

35 minutes ago, JoshuaG said:

Firstly, he shot for 39% at Penn State. So not a COA problem. Even though everything appears to be.

Secondly, I thought he did very well for us. My, "we saw how that worked out", wasn't meant to be negative as I believe he was as standout as it gets for us. I've mentioned how our grad transfers have actually been work horses for us in the best of ways. Sorry for the misunderstanding 

I just wanted to take a shot at the coach.  Because he did suck... :FIREdevil:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

36 minutes ago, JoshuaG said:

I believe Angel Nunez was a graduate transfer as well.

I had forgotten about Nunez ... Those first 2 years of COA were a big blur

• Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Am I wrong or is Jaleel Cousins the only player who seemed to improve under COA? That Q&A is perfect. This coach has me anticipating what he will do with he program. I'm hoping that means Holston is staying? And if he's already seeing improvements in her S&G, what the hell did COA do? 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

He misspelled, "revolving."

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Another player to be added to the roster:.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

"Nailing down transfer commitments from Payton Banks and Terrence Samuel within the past three days, two immediately eligible seniors from Penn State, Yetna becomes the second high school commitment for Brian Gregory at USF, joining Hargrave Academy wing Justin Brown.

While additional talent is still needed, South Florida has done a great job of selling the chance to play and the opportunity to thrive early on, something that struck a chord with Yetna.

“They would use me a stretch 4 but I can rebound the ball a lot and they will use my skillset,” he said. “They can use me as a combo forward who can do a lot of things.”

Less than a month on the job and Gregory and his staff have already nailed down two high school commitments and two grad-transfer commitments, all of whom should be able to contribute immediately during the 2017-2018 college basketball season."

Read more at: https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/alex-yetna-calls-south-florida-home

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I'm actually looking forward to Basketball season. This is a new feeling for me. :GoBulls:

• Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Azmodi said:

I'm actually looking forward to Basketball season. This is a new feeling for me. :GoBulls:

Yeah me too.... if nothing else than to see a team figure it out over the course of a season and improve.  Hopefully the grad transfer seniors are solid contributors that can teach the young guys how to handle themselves. Play competenet basketball and who knows what can happen in recruiting.