• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF men's hoops roster evolving

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

USF men's hoops roster evolving

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 10:27am

...It's also worth noting we spotted Troy Holston Jr., Malik Martin, Tulio Da Silva and Isaiah Manderson atMonday night's Stampede of Champions banquet. On Tuesday, the school confirmed all four remain with the program.

Unofficial USF 2017-18 Men's Basketball Roster
(scholarship players only)

G Payton Banks, Gr-Transfer (Penn State)*
G/F Justin Brown, Fr.
F Tulio Da Silva, R-So.
G Troy Holston Jr., R-Jr.
PG Stephan Jiggetts, Gr-Transfer (Fairleigh Dickinson)*
F Isaiah Manderson, Sr.
C Malik Martin, R-Jr.
G Terrence Samuel, Gr-Transfer (Penn State)*ELATED NEWS/ARCHIVE

*-The transfers of Banks, Jiggetts and Samuel have been widely reported but not yet announced by USF 

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/usf-mens-hoops-roster-evolving/2320667

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I'm like this roster more than the one that won a whopping 7 games last season.  Lets see what a real coach can do.  

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Running of the Bulls (Rivals) had a Q & A with CBG:

How has the first four weeks as USF head coach gone?

It’s been great.

We had our first set of visits last weekend and myself and the staff all agreed that after that weekend that this place is even a greater product to sell than we expected. So we’re excited about that and excited about our future recruiting and being able to bring recruits and their families on campus and sell this program, sell this university, sell the total package of being a true student-athlete what we’re going to build – our vision for the future. But it also confirmed that with the current players that we can give them everything that they need to be successful in the classroom and on the court. As we continue to give them the direction and the support that they need, that those guys that continue in the program depending on how many years they have could have the best years of their careers during that time.

On working out the current team...

Those guys have been great. Our weight workouts have been tremendous. I think our guys realize that S&C are all related to improving as a basketball player is an area that we can dramatically improve in. I think they’ve all kind of accepted that and embraced that. The individual workouts, the skill development stuff, our guys have really came in with great energy and great attitudes. In the 3 weeks that we’ve done it have seen improvement in those guys already. Understanding how we want to do things, at the pace that we want to do things, at the energy level we want to do things. Guys have not backed down one bit on that. One of the things we emphasize is that should be the best time of the day for them. I think they’re coming in every day with that type of attitude and they’ve been very good. I’ve been pleased with the three weeks of S&C and skill development. I think it’s gone extremely well.

On any surprises with the current players during workouts…

I think guys have made improvements in the three weeks the other thing I think the guys are starting to buy into is that whatever we do is not enough to be successful at this level. That they have to make a sacrifice and put in some time on their own.

Obviously because of taking over a new job, we’re here morning noon and night. It’s been a pleasure to look out the window in my office in the evening and see guys coming back to get their work on the gun, on the shooting machine getting extra shots up and things like that. When you have a great program that is part of the fabric of what guys do so I think that’s been a big change and I think it’s only the beginning in terms of getting that extra work in.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Be honest though, the only reason you like it more than last years roster is because it's not last years roster ...

532.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Banks was one of Penn State's main players and put up over 10 points a game there.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

On 36% shooting. But Geno came over with a similar percentage and we saw how that worked out.

14 minutes ago, JoshuaG said:

On 36% shooting. But Geno came over with a similar percentage and we saw how that worked out.

Just going to take a shot in the dark here... maybe it was the coach and lack of system... could also explain why he basically gave OA the middle finger and did his own thing pretty early on in the season.  Believed he was benched for attitude problems.  Seems like a lot of players get attitude problems when your teams sucks.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

29 minutes ago, JoshuaG said:

Worked out to the tune of 15 pts/gm on .395 FG%, .846 FT% and .375 3P% ... I'll take that.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Firstly, he shot for 39% at Penn State. So not a COA problem. Even though everything appears to be.

Secondly, I thought he did very well for us. My, "we saw how that worked out", wasn't meant to be negative as I believe he was as standout as it gets for us. I've mentioned how our grad transfers have actually been work horses for us in the best of ways. Sorry for the misunderstanding 

Edited by JoshuaG