• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Multimedia Rights sold... Interesting read.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,494
  • Days Won:  10

I love the idea of a Vinik-led company handling our marketing.  I can't think of a group that knows our market better and what it takes to increase interest in our sports events and improve the fan experience.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

so wait they are giving us more money than our current tv deal AND will help us expand our brand? What's the catch?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

51 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

I love the idea of a Vinik-led company handling our marketing.  I can't think of a group that knows our market better and what it takes to increase interest in our sports events and improve the fan experience.

Absolutely agree. I class act who doesn't come across as a greedy rich guy. I am rooting for him.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

20 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

so wait they are giving us more money than our current tv deal AND will help us expand our brand? What's the catch?

We have to start playing our home football games at Amelie after our current Ray Jay lease is up...

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,494
  • Days Won:  10

41 minutes ago, fhemmer209 said:

Absolutely agree. I class act who doesn't come across as a greedy rich guy. I am rooting for him.

Giving the number of teams with a higher profile, I'm sure that IMG had their top interns working on our account.

Things are definitely going to improve.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

8 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

I too am waiting for the other shoe to drop.  From what we can see here, looks like the win is all on the USF side.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

9 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

34 minutes ago, NCBull said:

I too am waiting for the other shoe to drop.  From what we can see here, looks like the win is all on the USF side.

Of course they are going to make money off the deal.  It will come from the multimedia sources probably from advertising.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

41 minutes ago, NCBull said:

These partnerships are often close to 50-50, so if we are guaranteed $2.9 million, they are probably confident they can sell our rights for about 6 million each year, pay us our part and make profit. 

Here is the good: Vinik is a winner, his group will know the market, they can take the sponsors they have and add USF packages to their lightning packages (and it may open the door for the Lightning to get sponsors from companies that are traditional USF supporters). That guarantee is very good. The fact that it went up is a great sign when compared to the last deal which was signed when we were in the Big East. 

Here is the negative: IMG is the industry leader. They can reach out to a corporate headquarter and sell a sponsorship for 90 schools at once. They have a nationwide media network (radio, production qualities, as of right now we don't have a radio network because all those contracts were with IMG. 

Overall, I think this was a good move for USF. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

At the end of the day I commend Mr. Harlan and USF Athletics for this partnership.  They recognized their marketing efforts were poor and their results validate this. 

The Lightning games are FUN and there is never a dull moment.  In our instant gratification, I want constant entertainment world this is a great marriage.  Look for high intensity during games when there is any downtime with football and hoops as just part of the puzzle to getting butts in seats.  The Lightning were an also-ran this year and their attendance was very solid, partly based on entertainment. 

The "sizzle" will be created.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

52 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

At the end of the day I commend Mr. Harlan and USF Athletics for this partnership.  They recognized their marketing efforts were poor and their results validate this. 

The Lightning games are FUN and there is never a dull moment.  In our instant gratification, I want constant entertainment world this is a great marriage.  Look for high intensity during games when there is any downtime with football and hoops as just part of the puzzle to getting butts in seats.  The Lightning were an also-ran this year and their attendance was very solid, partly based on entertainment. 

The "sizzle" will be created.

Go Bulls!

The Lightning was hardly what I would classify as an also ran this year. The attendance was solid because they were a good team and hockey's the greatest sport on the planet. I don't think this marriage changes the current game day experience. The in game "entertainment" for Bolts, Bulls FB & BB is pretty much the same now, with the same annoying host for all. 

What would change the game day experience would be if a Vinik group took over management of the Sun Dome. 

• Upvote 1