Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
USFBulls727

Openings in the ACC?

13 posts in this topic

More political waste of time. But, just for grins, which conference would they go to and do you think USF would join a conference that discriminates against LGBT?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The needs of a few never outweigh the needs of many.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not going to happen, unless the Big 10 decides to throw a chunk of money at UNC. This is just political gamesmanship. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

The needs of a few never outweigh the needs of many.

Tell that to the Electoral College ...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BDYZR said:

More political waste of time. But, just for grins, which conference would they go to and do you think USF would join a conference that discriminates against LGBT?

I think it's the other way around - it was the ACC (and NCAA) who refused to host games in NC after the bill was passed, and this is an attempt at a threat by the legislature to scare the ACC away from doing that in the future.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BDYZR said:

More political waste of time. But, just for grins, which conference would they go to and do you think USF would join a conference that discriminates against LGBT?

 

3 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

I think it's the other way around - it was the ACC (and NCAA) who refused to host games in NC after the bill was passed, and this is an attempt at a threat by the legislature to scare the ACC away from doing that in the future.

WWMJD is correct.  The ACC isn't the problem.  It's the NC legislature.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

 

WWMJD is correct.  The ACC isn't the problem.  It's the NC legislature.  

100% agree. I just see a huge pissing match between the NC legislature and the NCAA and ESPN. But, with that, haven't they already kissed and made up?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

100% agree. I just see a huge pissing match between the NC legislature and the NCAA and ESPN. But, with that, haven't they already kissed and made up?

I don't know, I thought the latest news is this doubling down of the legislature saying they'll force out UNC and NCSt from the ACC.  I don't know if the NCAA has a role in this at the moment, and ESPN is absolutely going to play the crap out of this for every cent it's worth.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I don't know, I thought the latest news is this doubling down of the legislature saying they'll force out UNC and NCSt from the ACC.  I don't know if the NCAA has a role in this at the moment, and ESPN is absolutely going to play the crap out of this for every cent it's worth.  

In March, the North Carolina legislature passed a measure that repealed House Bill 2. As a result, the ACC said the football championship game would return to Charlotte, North Carolina, and all other neutral-site championships that had existing contracts would return as well, beginning with the 2017-18 calendar.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0