• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

San Jose State Time

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

Thanks!

Am I reading this correctly? Alums can buy a season ticket for as little as $132 all-in?

According to this, yes .... but that doesn't include any donation. It should put you ahead of anyone buying away game tix who aren't season season tix holders or Bulls Club members. Maybe John can chime in about what's better for USF if you aren't planning to use the seat, Bulls Club donation of $100+ or the season ticket.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

According to this, yes .... but that doesn't include any donation. It should put you ahead of anyone buying away game tix who aren't season season tix holders or Bulls Club members. Maybe John can chime in about what's better for USF if you aren't planning to use the seat, Bulls Club donation of $100+ or the season ticket.

I'm thinking of buying one, and donating the RJS games to the Boys-n-Girls Clubs.

This is a thing, yes?

5 minutes ago, charsibb said:

I'm thinking of buying one, and donating the RJS games to the Boys-n-Girls Clubs.

This is a thing, yes?

I've never done but I think some have so maybe they'll chime in .....

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

9 minutes ago, charsibb said:

This is a thing, yes?

Yes it very much so is a thing and they're happy to have the tickets. I have been rotating between Boys and Girls Club and Big Brothers and Big Sisters for my seats since I left FL in 2009. It's a great opportunity for kids who may not otherwise be able to attend games a chance to go. 

6 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Yes it very much so is a thing and they're happy to have the tickets. I have been rotating between Boys and Girls Club and Big Brothers and Big Sisters for my seats since I left FL in 2009. It's a great opportunity for kids who may not otherwise be able to attend games a chance to go. 

How did you donate?

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

How did you donate?

I reached out to the individual club for B&G (I want to say the one I donate to is off of Sligh) to set up the donations. I mail them the tickets every year after I figure out which games I am donating to which organization. I'll have to look around as my contact information is still in a box from the move; i keep it with my tax stuff and haven't opened that box yet.  With Big Brothers and Big Sisters I contacted the local chapter to donate. 

Edited by 206BULL

2 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

I reached out to the individual club for B&G (I want to say the one I donate to is off of Sligh) to set up the donations. I mail them the tickets every year after I figure out which games I am donating to which organization. I'll have to look around as my contact information is still in a box from the move; i keep it with my tax stuff and haven't opened that box yet.  With Big Brothers and Big Sisters I contacted the local chapter to donate. 

Thanks. The Bucs and Lightning both have "Donate" options on your account for tickets you can't use and I was wondering if I had just missed USF's ...

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Thanks. The Bucs and Lightning both have "Donate" options on your account for tickets you can't use and I was wondering if I had just missed USF's ...

If they do it's new to me; admittedly I have selfish reasons for the way I donate. There may be other options and I'm sure John Lewis can chime in if there is an easier way to donate. They could probably get more donations if there were an easier way to do it much like they have set up for the bowl games and veterans. 

Edited by 206BULL

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

15 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

I always had the school donate my bowl tix, but it never occurred to me to actually take delivery and then forward them. Doh.

If you find the data and get a chance, PM me the contact info. West Tampa area works for me, but is the Sligh club now closed?

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/boys--girls-clubs-of-tampa-bay-closes-three-branches/2282975

Edit: I just PM'd John to see if he had additional insight.

Edited by charsibb

5 minutes ago, charsibb said:

I always had the school donate my bowl tix, but it never occurred to me to actually take delivery and then forward them. Doh.

If you find the data and get a chance, PM me the contact info. West Tampa area works for me, but is the Sligh club now closed?

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/boys--girls-clubs-of-tampa-bay-closes-three-branches/2282975

Will do it my be a couple weeks to dig through and find the box; glad I filed taxes before the move! And the Sligh club may be closed. I deal with an employee so maybe they transferred to a different club? She was able to still get them into the kids hands last year and even sent me a couple pictures from the games along with some thank you notes from the kids last winter. I just remember Sligh being the club I picked out back in 09 for some reason. 

Edited by 206BULL