• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transfer that we need to come home

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

20 hours ago, Ionbull said:

All of the above sounds great! Convince them all, instant playing time! Be the saviors that lift the curse!

Where the heck is Duquesne anywho?

Pittsburgh. Named for the former French governor of the region who also lent his name to Ft. Duquesne of French and Indian War fame.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I doubt he will be looking at AAC teams as he would have to sit out 2 years before becoming eligible per AAC transfer rules....

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

I have been trying to find a transfer rule resource for the AAC but I haven't. What I have read suggests that he will have to sit out a year and potentially then lose a year of eligibility on the back end.

That being said, reports from McBuckets stated that he would be eligible to play for SMU by December of 2017. This may be because he transitioned to a JUCO school after leaving us but I can not be certain. If Juwan wanted to transfer to us but had to sit for 2 years after, I would find that very strange.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, JoshuaG said:

I have been trying to find a transfer rule resource for the AAC but I haven't. What I have read suggests that he will have to sit out a year and potentially then lose a year of eligibility on the back end.

That being said, reports from McBuckets stated that he would be eligible to play for SMU by December of 2017. This may be because he transitioned to a JUCO school after leaving us but I can not be certain. If Juwan wanted to transfer to us but had to sit for 2 years after, I would find that very strange.

If you go to a Juco you can work your way around this (The 4-2-4 rule) but you do lose 2 years of eligibility to transfer with in the AAC.  You sit one before you can play and just out right lose a second.  

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/athletes-can-transfer-within-american-but-at-a-cost/2137227

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

What you're saying i thought true also.... and JMM does fit that. He'll sit out a year and then also lose an extra year of eligibility with 2018 being his final year. 

28 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

If you go to a Juco you can work your way around this (The 4-2-4 rule) but you do lose 2 years of eligibility to transfer with in the AAC.  You sit one before you can play and just out right lose a second.  

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/athletes-can-transfer-within-american-but-at-a-cost/2137227

Thank you for the link and the education.

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

I guess to clarify, the JUCO thing has nothing to do with being eligible in December, that's just the standard NCAA rule, it just gives him 2 1/2 more years of eligibility rather than 1 1/2 ......... if he gets his AA. 

I would have thought that he would have to sit out the following eligible school year, not a running calendar year. The nuances of this are killing me.

I would have thought that he would have to sit out the following eligible school year, not a running calendar year. The nuances of this are killing me.

It's the same as the NCAA rule, 1 year from when he leaves his previous school .... and I assume all the classes he's had here will transfer to his JUCO to help give him his AA degree before next year.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, JoshuaG said:

I understand he would have to sit out a year and lose one eligible season while doing so. That means he would still have 2 seasons to play at USF and if he can get healthy that is plenty of time to leave his mark on his hometown school. If he was to go the JC route first he would have to earn an associate degree that would preserve his year of eligibility thus giving him 3 seasons instead of two. Juwan before the injuries was a guy that some projected as a possible 1 and done player, so I'm sure he still believes he can get to the next level and losing a year probably doesn't matter to him.