• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transfer that we need to come home

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

UConn freshman Juwan Durham announces he's transferring. Was ranked No. 52 in the 2016 class. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

45 minutes ago, JoshuaG said:

Juwan Durham leaving Connecticut marks their third transfer along with a student requesting permission to drop his commitment. Juwan Durham is from Tampa, Fl where he went to Tampa Preparatory school for High School. He was recruited by USF before making his commitment to UConn and maybe he will be looking to go to school closer to home when he transfers. A highly touted recruit out of high school, he has dealt with knee issues leaving high school and averaged 1.6 pts and 1.5 rebounds per game.

Coach Brian Gregory has reiterated the importance of recruiting Florida. Here are a couple Florida players that have received offers from USF

Jamari Wheeler- This guard had gotten some good attention up until he committed to Duquesne. Then Ferry was fired and Jamari has moved on. To where? That remains to be seen but we wouldn't mind him at USF.

Kaleb Fitzgerald- 6'0 West Palm Beach native who is shifty to the rack and displays good ball handling skills

Other notable Florida players who are yet uncommitted:

D.J Russell- University of Miami eyeing him. He had de-commited last July from them but Miami seems to be the only school courting him.

Terrell Turner- Florida kid being followed by Georgia, Memphis, Murray State, Syracuse, Ohio State, Rutgers and more. Has a propensity for scoring the ball, worth a look for sure

Brett and AJ Haeffner- Little known about these two.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

All of the above sounds great! Convince them all, instant playing time! Be the saviors that lift the curse!

Where the heck is Duquesne anywho?

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Link?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Ionbull said:

All of the above sounds great! Convince them all, instant playing time! Be the saviors that lift the curse!

Where the heck is Duquesne anywho?

Pittsburgh (side note, it is pronounced du-cane, but I always mispronounce it like it is spelled, because it is much more fun to say to all my Pittsburgh friends)

Edited by Mike Stuben

• Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

Pittsburgh (side note, it is pronounced du-cane, but I always mispronounce it like it is spelled, because it is much more fun to say to all my Pittsburgh friends)

Haha I actually knew that; when I first started watching basketball I pronounced it "du-kwes-knee" and my dad told me I was dumb :lmao:

• Content Count:  1,075
  • Days Won:  2

Durham has blew out his knee a few times already, might be cause for concern.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, jg233 said:

Durham has blew out his knee a few times already, might be cause for concern.

With that quality of player I would take the risk. He can always take a redshirt year if he gets injured and we have plenty of scholarships to go around. If he wants to come here it should be a no brained for the staff to give him a scholarship.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Joey Knight confirmed my thoughts and hopes. According to Tampa Prep coach  Joe Fenlon, Juwan Durham cites wanting to play closer to home as a part of the reason for transferring.