• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Little time to think, or blink, in USF's new offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

By all accounts, BJ wanted to be more of a pocket passer and CSH wanted him to be more of one also.  There is nothing out there that indicated that either of them, "forced" the situation.  There is an article out there (I'm too lazy to look it up again) that CSH wanted BJ to operate out of the pocket and if the first or second read weren't there, then take off.

Regardless, it's a moot point as neither are here anymore. 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

16 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

By all accounts, BJ wanted to be more of a pocket passer and CSH wanted him to be more of one also.  There is nothing out there that indicated that either of them, "forced" the situation.  There is an article out there (I'm too lazy to look it up again) that CSH wanted BJ to operate out of the pocket and if the first or second read weren't there, then take off.

Wait a minute, I for one, do not feel that this subject has been properly explored.  Nothing can be more relevant to our future success than resolving this controversial issue.  

Are we sure that CSH was not actively trying to sabotage BJ in order to play Eveld?  Maybe BJ's duel threat capabilities were hampered by his cagey adoption of steel toed shoes.  

Moves and counter moves...moves and counter moves.

Edited by MMW
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

11 minutes ago, MMW said:

Wait a minute, I for one, do not feel that this subject has been properly explored.  Nothing can be more relevant to our future success than resolving this controversial issue.  

Are we sure that CSH was not actively trying to sabotage BJ in order to play Eveld?  Maybe BJ's duel threat capabilities were hampered by his cagey adoption of steel toed shoes.  

As long as people keep trying to throw BJ under the bus the defend Holtz this topic will be active.  There's a segment on the board that must try to defend Holtz at all cost and make it seem like he never did anything wrong in his tenure here and another that pretty much makes Holtz out to be a terrible football coach (even though there's tons of non USF coaching to prove otherwise) who can do no right.  Dude was 2 coaches ago and his tenure at USF was undeniably bad.  It is what it is and it's time to move on.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Infinitely more important, Todd Fitch is the OC at LA Tech. My entire view of the universe was shattered when I read that. His offense here vs. what LA Tech put up last year would be like Chris Cosh being the DC at Alabama last year.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

5 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

4 hours ago, MMW said:

Image result for mike tyson the hangover meme

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

22 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

What pocket? Until recently, we've never really had a pocket for our QBs.