• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Open Conference Play at Tulane

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Every ranked team in the American lost their opening game last night on the road sooooo. Can't give up five run innings, oh and there needs to be replay on the base paths. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Never quite figured out home/away advantage/disadvantage in baseball.  You get 27 outs to try to score.  Outside of FSU we didn't beat a ton of great teams.  I'm still going with what coach said - we'll be better this year but should make the tournament next year.

The advantage/disadvantage is the following:

1. Your more familiar with the ball park if your the home team.  Advantage home team

2. If your playing at home, your not traveling.  Traveling and sleeping in hotels you will be more tired then if your home and sleeping in your own bed.  Advantage home team

• Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Bullinchinashop said:

1. Your more familiar with the ball park if your the home team.  Advantage home team

2. If your playing at home, your not traveling.  Traveling and sleeping in hotels you will be more tired then if your home and sleeping in your own bed.  Advantage home team

Then why do football teams spend the night before a game in a hotel in the area?  These players are used to that sort of thing. Unless you're talking multiple time zones I just don't see it.  

And most baseball fields have 90' between the bases.  Sure the outfield fences are different heights but I don't see it as a big deal.  Who you play matters more than where you play.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Then why do football teams spend the night before a game in a hotel in the area?  These players are used to that sort of thing. Unless you're talking multiple time zones I just don't see it.  

And most baseball fields have 90' between the bases.  Sure the outfield fences are different heights but I don't see it as a big deal.  Who you play matters more than where you play.

We are talking baseball Burbon Butt, football has a lot more cash to get their early, practice, etc.. 

3.  The crowd is usually bigger for home team, the players can feed off that energy

Go look at the statistics between home team and visiting team.  Let me give you something easy that your brain may comprehend.  Would you rather sleep in your own bed, have your normal routine and go to a business meeting or travel, sleep in hotel room, not be your normal routine then go to meeting   I totally understand if your a fry cook, none of this will make sense to you    Go Bulls  

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

9 hours ago, Bullinchinashop said:

Meh. Actual field advantage means nothing. I never threw a single pitch in college where the field played a part in what I was doing (I also had 2 ABs that were unaffected). Traveling is 50/50. Some love it, some are bothered by it. I always liked to travel and slept better on the road. Less distractions and it's not like there's an actual crowd advantage in college baseball. 

Edited by JTrue

11 hours ago, Bullinchinashop said:

We are talking baseball Burbon Butt, football has a lot more cash to get their early, practice, etc.. 

3.  The crowd is usually bigger for home team, the players can feed off that energy

Go look at the statistics between home team and visiting team.  Let me give you something easy that your brain may comprehend.  Would you rather sleep in your own bed, have your normal routine and go to a business meeting or travel, sleep in hotel room, not be your normal routine then go to meeting   I totally understand if your a fry cook, none of this will make sense to you    Go Bulls  

I can see we are off to a good start.  So I ask again, why does a home football team spend the night in a hotel if that is important?  Or didn't you know that?

As far as crowd energy, were you at the Auburn game, Notre Dame or first FSU game on the road? How the heck did we win those games? There were 70k plus cheering against us.

Have you ever attended a baseball game? The crowd cheers for the home pitcher when he is on the mound when the batter has 2 strikes on him.  Then when the home team batter is up with 2 strikes they start cheering.  So HTF does that affect what the players are doing?  It is just background noise to them.

Edited by Bourbon Bull

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

13 hours ago, Bullinchinashop said:

Over the line dude. No Bull on Bull attacks, please. Save the fry cook talk for the Kannigits that wander in here.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Yeah no need to be nasty....don't let the off-season put you in a grumpy spot.

As a player and coach in basketball, I believe there is a home court advantage.  It doesn't mean you can't win on the road, but there is different lighting, sight lines, floor qualities.  Fan presence too.  

When it comes to USF Baseball, a couple road losses are not the end.  This is NOT needed.  

panicbutton.jpg

I chalked it up to him being relatively new to the Board and didn't react in kind.  He has no clue as to my success in life. But appreciate you guys pointing that out to him/her.  The screen name may tell us something.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I chalked it up to him being relatively new to the Board and didn't react in kind.  He has no clue as to my success in life. But appreciate you guys pointing that out to him/her.  The screen name may tell us something.

wegotcherbackman!