• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dollar Named USF Men’s Basketball Assistant Coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

This is exactly what need: Bulls caring about the program and putting forth the effort to turn this thing around (Wagers & Dollar).

I'm betting money that this is going to work out great! :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

48 minutes ago, FarEastBull said:

This is exactly what need: Bulls caring about the program and putting forth the effort to turn this thing around (Wagers & Dollar).

I'm betting money that this is going to work out great! :GoBulls:

frabz-Well-played-sir-Very-well-played-0

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Home run hire...I remember those early 1990s USF teams well. Would love to get back to that level again. 

I'm a lot more confident that things will get turned around now then I was when Brian Gregory was hired. Really strong staff he's putting together so far. My two concerns still somewhat remain about Gregory. One, can he close the deal with the recruits that Wagers and Dollar will present to him. Two, is his floor coaching ability, namely the over used term Xs and Os, improve. If Bartow is indeed staying on as the top asst coach then he can be a major help with the Xs and Os part. We'll see about CBG closing ability soon enough.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Vega said:

If Bartow is indeed staying on as the top asst coach then he can be a major help with the Xs and Os part.

27 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

Maybe ... maybe not.

On 3/14/2017 at 0:01 PM, Apis Bull said:

Joey Knight @TBTimes_Bulls

In addition to the reported Gregory hire, @USFMBB expected to retain Murry Bartow in some capacity. Has a year remaining on contract.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Maybe ... maybe not.

I like to think there's an alternate realtiy where TJ Weist is the HFBC and Murry Bartow is the HBBC.

28 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

I like to think there's an alternate realtiy where TJ Weist is the HFBC and Murry Bartow is the HBBC.

Amen to that. Both seem like really good people ...... it's a tough profession.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Dollar dolla bills ya'll 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

14 hours ago, Vega said:

I'm a lot more confident that things will get turned around now then I was when Brian Gregory was hired. Really strong staff he's putting together so far. My two concerns still somewhat remain about Gregory. One, can he close the deal with the recruits that Wagers and Dollar will present to him. Two, is his floor coaching ability, namely the over used term Xs and Os, improve. If Bartow is indeed staying on as the top asst coach then he can be a major help with the Xs and Os part. We'll see about CBG closing ability soon enough.

I don't think there are too many out there reinventing the game of basketball.  There are only so many plays, picks or whatever that you can run in a 94 x 50 area - actually 45 x 50 once you are on offense.  Pretty sure between the HC and the 2 new assistants that they can draw up some plays.  Basketball is all about the talent.

An aside - ran into a Syracuse fan the other day and asked if he thought it was time for Boheim to retire.  He said about 25 years ago. Said Boheim would never give up running that zone defense even if he didn't have the players that fit.  So fans of successful programs aren't happy with their coaches either.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

I would say that Bartow did some nice things with very limited resources and the team actually played better with him at the reigns. I think you keep him for the Xs and Os side, he's won 300 plus games in his career, he knows what to do. He's got the mind and the success, that gives us two former head coaches on staff too with winning records. 

16 hours ago, Vega said:

Two, is his floor coaching ability, namely the over used term Xs and Os, improve.

Xs and Os weren't much of a problem when he had 6 20+ win seasons while in conferences comparable or better than our current one ... Should probably get to that point here before we start critiquing his coaching ability.