• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF’s Hassan Childs Injured In Overnight Shooting

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,978
  • Days Won:  469

USF’s Hassan Childs Injured In Overnight Shooting

On Sunday afternoon the University of South Florida announced that senior DB Hassan Childs was injured in an overnight shooting. Head coach Charlie Strong released the following statement:

“WE ARE DEEPLY CONCERNED THAT AN INCIDENT OCCURRED OVERNIGHT IN WHICH ONE OF OUR PLAYERS, HASSAN CHILDS, WAS INJURED IN A SHOOTING. THANKFULLY, HASSAN IS IN STABLE CONDITION AND BEING WELL CARED FOR, AND NO ONE ELSE WAS INJURED. THERE IS AN ONGOING INVESTIGATION OF THE INCIDENT AND WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF GATHERING FURTHER INFORMATION. OUT OF RESPECT FOR THE INTEGRITY OF THE INVESTIGATION, WE CANNOT COMMENT FURTHER AT THIS TIME.”

https://www.sportstalkflorida.com/college/usf-bulls/usf-player-injured-overnight-shooting/

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

Well that is not good.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Hope he recovers but if the story is true he will no longer be on the team. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

I tend to wait for all the facts to come out in these. There were a couple ex NFL guys who were killed in New Orleans a few years ago over "self defense" in road rage incidents one of which if I remember correct, Will Smith, was said to have had a gun but did not. If Childs was waiving a gun then he is done but I'll let the legal system play out in this one and hope he has a speedy recovery. 

Edited by 206BULL
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

3 bullet holes hope he heals 100% and nobody else tries to retaliate.  might be hard for jiminez to prove self defense unless there are witnesses that support him.  Also jiminez is known to the police while childs arrest record is clean.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  805
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

3 bullet holes hope he heals 100% and nobody else tries to retaliate.  might be hard for jiminez to prove self defense unless there are witnesses that support him.  Also jiminez is known to the police while childs arrest record is clean.

Hard for me to see a guy riding with his wife and kid being the aggressor but who knows?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

45 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

I believe that in Florida, the burden is now on the state to prove it wasn't self defense.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, 206BULL said:

I tend to wait for all the facts to come out in these. There were a couple ex NFL guys who were killed in New Orleans a few years ago over "self defense" in road rage incidents one of which if I remember correct, Will Smith, was said to have had a gun but did not. If Childs was waiving a gun then he is done but I'll let the legal system play out in this one and hope he has a speedy recovery. 

Will Smith did have a gun in his car. That might not be the best analogy.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, BrowardBull17 said:

Hard for me to see a guy riding with his wife and kid being the aggressor but who knows?

If non aggressive people shot people over traffic incidents we'd be burying half of Florida in a week.