• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NEW AAC Member is most likely...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

Wait a moment ... not so fast ..... What Tulane lacks in athletic competitiveness they make up for in city "charms" ...... I've been waiting 21 years for a football roadie to New Orleans, don't take that from me. (and we need a rivalry series with UNLV too)

Been there done that...not worth keeping that program in our league. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

Wait a moment ... not so fast ..... What Tulane lacks in athletic competitiveness they make up for in city "charms" ...... I've been waiting 21 years for a football roadie to New Orleans, don't take that from me. (and we need a rivalry series with UNLV too)

25 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Same could have been said about us 3 years ago. With our "history" and "tradition" I find it kind of humorous when we start looking down our noses at other programs ...

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Same could have been said about us 3 years ago. With our "history" and "tradition" I find it kind of humorous when we start looking down our noses at other programs ...

Even with our crappy three years, we still have more tradition than Tulane has had over the past thirty years. True, they were once an SEC team, played in major bowls, etc. But a horse whip was also a high tech device at one time too. The only redeeming value they give the conference is academics. In terms of athletics, very little other than an occasional baseball run. Further, in terms of future, there is little to suggest they are going to do much in the conference. 

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Even with our crappy three years, we still have more tradition than Tulane has had over the past thirty years.

Not sure what definition of "tradition" you'd have to say our athletics have more of in the past 30 years ... women's hoops and softball, maybe?

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Not sure what definition of "tradition" you'd have to say our athletics have more of in the past 30 years ... women's hoops and softball, maybe?

"Winning" tradition...of course I am not saying we are Florida or FSU, but we sure got more than Tulane over the last three decades. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

lulz at Bulls fans saying another school don't belong

We (along with UCan't and Cincy) just got booted out of the big leagues because not enough folks thought we belonged there.

Face it - we all trailer trash now...

trailer_trash_poster-re84cde02297d464fad

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, charsibb said:

lulz at Bulls fans saying another school don't belong

We (along with UCan't and Cincy) just got booted out of the big leagues because not enough folks thought we belonged there.

Face it - we all trailer trash now...

trailer_trash_poster-re84cde02297d464fad

We still got more juice than Tulane though...

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

"Winning" tradition...of course I am not saying we are Florida or FSU, but we sure got more than Tulane over the last three decades. 

If by "tradition" all you mean is football w/l records the past few decades, USF does have better. Tulane does have something in that time span, though, that we don't .... a conference championship. Our future should be better, but hell, you never know .... My only point is that we haven't accomplished anything that would give cause to be looking down our noses, and wanting to kick them out of the conference, at programs who've been playing football for over a hundred years.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,517
  • Days Won:  28

19 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They **** near had the top defense in the AAC and ranked high nationally last year. Pretty much the opposite of what we was. Hell if they had half a descent offense they would of made a bowl game. Besides every conference needs that team they can automatically beat. But truth be told I don't seem them sucking forever. They have a good  coach now. 

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  202
  • Days Won:  0

I hope Wichita gets added. They have a pretty huge thread and it looks like the shockers really want to join the AAC...

http://shockernet.net/forum/showthread.php?14382-Realignment-and-Wichita-State-Best-Possible-Outcome/page262