• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring Practice

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, smazza said:

strong will recruit another superstar qb that might give kean a run for the money

I would've agreed with you if they signed Blackman this year, but he stuck with FSU. There are s handful of solid QBs that USF will recruit heavy this season; hopefully Sean King can convince one of them to land. 

Its possible having Gilbert is a plus in recruiting QBs. It's not everyday you can play for a coach that sent a QB to the league in Jimmy Garopollo.

Edited by Ionbull

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

18 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

I would've agreed with you if they signed Blackman this year, but he stuck with FSU. There are s handful of solid QBs that USF will recruit heavy this season; hopefully Sean King can convince one of them to land. 

Its possible having Gilbert is a plus in recruiting QBs. It's not everyday you can play for a coach that sent a QB to the league in Jimmy Garopollo.

Having Shaun King in addition to Gilbert is a great bit of bait for would-be QB stars. Not to mention Strong, who helped mentor Bridgewater.

21 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

All I know is that this spring practice seems to be running more smoother than previous practices. I haven't heard any of the coaches mention a concern or issue on effort or execution. 

As long as all of this builds to summer and translates to smooth execution in San Jose on 8/26. It's an intangible feeling to me, but somehow I feel CCS will give them a better sense of confidence than exCWT did to start. Really like the guy's demeanor for a coach.

1 hour ago, raptorcj said:

As long as all of this builds to summer and translates to smooth execution in San Jose on 8/26. It's an intangible feeling to me, but somehow I feel CCS will give them a better sense of confidence than exCWT did to start. Really like the guy's demeanor for a coach.

Yeah my biggest concern was player commitment to the new staff; it seems, according to the reports anyway, that isn't a problem at all. 

If the players buy in and the staff executes to their ability we could be looking at something special. Still a little uncertain with the whole "target on your back" for a full season that we will be undefeated. Away games in conference can be a seive, especially if a school has you circled all year. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

29 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

Yeah my biggest concern was player commitment to the new staff; it seems, according to the reports anyway, that isn't a problem at all. 

If the players buy in and the staff executes to their ability we could be looking at something special. Still a little uncertain with the whole "target on your back" for a full season that we will be undefeated. Away games in conference can be a seive, especially if a school has you circled all year. 

And you know this is especially applicable to that team we play last. That is going to be their super bowl. That is the only away game I would have worry about. 

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

And you know this is especially applicable to that team we play last. That is going to be their super bowl. That is the only away game I would have worry about. 

Although...game 1 is always a mixed bag of jitters, forgetfulness, and limited plays on offense. Add to that being away, on the west coast, and playing an [okay] team we're not familiar with, and the San Jose game worries me plenty. Hopefully my jitters go away in the first 5 mins...

Edited by raptorcj

Yeah, I'm not sure if we got really lucky or the conference aided in this but it appears all of our tougher opppnents are at home. It's only SJSU, UConn (early), ECU, Tulane & C on the road.