• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring Practice

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, JoeB said:

Your last image of Kean should be a successful 2 point conversion in the Birmingham Bowl...beautiful pass.

I don't remember that but good to know that wasn't his last action.

I agree depth on offense is sick if CCS can't get this defense to play just top 75 or better this team will be a monster.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I think Kean could be pretty good...just to bad my last image of him was that Floyd like play at Temple.

I was pretty excited about him in the Spring game last year but I realize now I was comparing him to Woulard and my expectations for him were zero.  

In the games I have seen in over the course of the year he started to remind me a little of Bench.  Actually, better than Bench but not a true spark like in the Grothe, Daniels, Flowers mold.

I am not willing to dig my heals in over this opinion, its just a feeling I get.  Maybe he didn't have enough time behind center in live games.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not even blaming Kean for that play...that was a bad position to be put in cold. Hopefully Flowers stays healthy all season and we recruit another good qb this class.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Kean has been compared to our very own Matt Grothe. Don't forget his time in games was always garbage time, so the play calling was vanilla; and the skill players were also green. He looks to have a ton of promise, so does Chris O. The best part is it appears they have both been studying and practicing hard their time here, which is a huge plus. I'm hoping this year they all get time to play in garbage time :P

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802

I'm hoping we can keep Kean and Chris O. Will one transfer?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

10 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

I'm hoping we can keep Kean and Chris O. Will one transfer?

The only scenario in which i see one transferring would be Kean if he loses the starting job next summer.  He will only have 1 year left. Oladukan will have 2 I think. In a perfect world, Kean starts his senior year and then Olodukan the following year and within that time frame a young player develops. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The only scenario in which i see one transferring would be Kean if he loses the starting job next summer.  He will only have 1 year left. Oladukan will have 2 I think. In a perfect world, Kean starts his senior year and then Olodukan the following year and within that time frame a young player develops. 

Oladokun has 4 years of eligibility left as he is entering his RS Freshman season. I'm not worried about Keans feelings nor him transferring; the best QB should start and IMO Oladokun will be that QB in 2018 and I think he will eventually be the best QB to play at USF(I've been saying that since he signed)

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610

2 hours ago, 206BULL said:

Oladokun has 4 years of eligibility left as he is entering his RS Freshman season. I'm not worried about Keans feelings nor him transferring; the best QB should start and IMO Oladokun will be that QB in 2018 and I think he will eventually be the best QB to play at USF(I've been saying that since he signed)

I'm not entirely sure Kean is that kind of guy to just transfer out like that. Kean reminds me of the passion Bench had; guy just wants to play ball and help his team in any capacity. O seems to have that passion for the green and gold too.  May the best man win next season, I bet we see the "OR" come into play for backup QB on the 2-Deep. There's no reason both can't get reps. 

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591

On 3/22/2017 at 1:02 PM, 206BULL said:

I think he will eventually be the best QB to play at USF(I've been saying that since he signed)

Some lofty expectations for a 19 y/o we've never seen play against D-1 competition...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

13 minutes ago, theman123 said:

Some lofty expectations for a 19 y/o we've never seen play against D-1 competition...

If you're going to saddle a teenager with impossible expectations, don't get cheated.