• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Join USF Women’s Basketball on Selection Monday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Y'all know I'm as big of a homer as any... but I think an 11 seed was the right call; consider this: outside of Temple (x2), who else did the team beat? They didn't play UConn close, lost to a sub-50 RPI team at home. This was a team on the bubble 2 weeks ago. I'm thrilled about going to Tally, and I have my room booked.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

21 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Mike Lefko Retweeted #SelectionMonday

For those wondering about seed discrepancy; selection committee heavily factored geographical proximity. Purdue/Cal Last 4 in but #9 seeds.

Ok, then makes sense in terms of seeds.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

There were a lot of murmurs at the Arena Club after the announcement.  But all in all not a horrible draw.  You need to beat good teams to advance if you are middle of the pack like us. We booked our room while in the Arena Club. Will be there Friday for sure.  Not sure if we can make it Sunday but will try.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm ecstatic about this draw. Mizzou, then FSU, if we want to advance I'll take that any day of the week.

And if we win, we get to play in Stockton? I'll have to try and get tickets - it's less than a day's drive!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

Mike Lefko Retweeted #SelectionMonday

For those wondering about seed discrepancy; selection committee heavily factored geographical proximity. Purdue/Cal Last 4 in but #9 seeds.

Thank goodness. 7, 10, or 11 seed really doesn't matter.  8 or 9 is almost a guaranteed round of 32 exit at best.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, charsibb said:

I'm ecstatic about this draw. Mizzou, then FSU, if we want to advance I'll take that any day of the week.

And if we win, we get to play in Stockton? I'll have to try and get tickets - it's less than a day's drive!

If you look at it from Mizzou's standpoint they are probably thinking WTF, we have to play THEM in the first round?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I haven't watched Mizzou's WBB at all, are they a physical squad like Lousiville this season? If so, then I hope our girls can shoot lights-out from the perimeter. We haven't matched up well against more physical teams. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

I haven't watched Mizzou's WBB at all, are they a physical squad like Lousiville this season? If so, then I hope our girls can shoot lights-out from the perimeter. We haven't matched up well against more physical teams. 

Apparently they are a smaller squad. Still good though

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

FSU is much more physical. If we get past Mizzou, they will be a tough out, but they entered the Tournament reeling having lost 4 of their last 5 games. Sweet 16 would be amazing and a massive over-achievement given the loss of 3 starters and injury problems. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

25 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

FSU is much more physical. If we get past Mizzou, they will be a tough out, but they entered the Tournament reeling having lost 4 of their last 5 games. Sweet 16 would be amazing and a massive over-achievement given the loss of 3 starters and injury problems. 

Agreed.

FSU should have beaten UCONN at the start of the season. UCONN was very fortunate to come away with a two point victory in Tally.

Having said that, FSU often looks beatable.