• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

36 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Jose has to start taking these beatings personally and stop thinking geno is his friend. He has to start getting physical players that aren't afraid to push people around or we are going to keep getting beat by 40+

Thing is, we have Henshaw and Jespersen, both of whom are not little girls. Heck, Kitija has the capability of being physical if she decides to. We're not there yet but we're still winners. Great season, and I hope they find a way to stretch it in the post-season.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

49 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Thing is, we have Henshaw and Jespersen, both of whom are not little girls. Heck, Kitija has the capability of being physical if she decides to. We're not there yet but we're still winners. Great season, and I hope they find a way to stretch it in the post-season.

Warioba(sp?) and Henshaw seem very physical. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I like Henshaw's game. She is the only one that plays physically. 

I like the team and what Jose has done, but I am hoping he can bring it to the next level now. By that I mean starting to compete with Louisville, Baylor, Notre Dame teams, etc. Not just be happy to be second fiddle in the AAC. 

I feel we are not too far away, but need some tougher girls. I know there are a couple of good players coming in for next season. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

I think only one of the previous posts mentioned more athletic.  We don't have the speed, jumping ability, etc.  Even though we were a good rebounding team this year, when we played athletic teams our women could have position under the boards and you would see someone outjumping them.  On defense our kids have a hard time staying in front of really quick guards. We play good team defense so someone usually helps out but then that leaves someone open.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

9 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I think only one of the previous posts mentioned more athletic.  We don't have the speed, jumping ability, etc.  Even though we were a good rebounding team this year, when we played athletic teams our women could have position under the boards and you would see someone outjumping them.  On defense our kids have a hard time staying in front of really quick guards. We play good team defense so someone usually helps out but then that leaves someone open.  

That's the American stand-out players we need, and winning the US athletes is tough. We do pretty well with Euro girls (Laia is pretty athletic & Kitija is looking more natural), but they have to work on athleticism. US girls that grew up playing streetball with the guys don't have to work much on that part of their game.

1 hour ago, raptorcj said:

That's the American stand-out players we need, and winning the US athletes is tough. We do pretty well with Euro girls (Laia is pretty athletic & Kitija is looking more natural), but they have to work on athleticism. US girls that grew up playing streetball with the guys don't have to work much on that part of their game.

I've seen Laia beat someone off the dribble a few times this year but the next time Kit does will be the first I've seen.  She has improved in getting off her own shot but still almost always going to her right.  

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

13 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

Not likely to happen, but if it did..Katie Abrahamson-Henderson.

She would be a good hire, but she is making about 400K all in, and just mover her middle school age (2) kids once, so you would need to finance the pain of  another relo.  That would be a tough sell unless you can break the bank $ wise.

Edited by footnfan1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I don't see Jose leaving, but a name to consider as a replacement is Jen Rizzotti. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Need to be more athletic and way more aggressive.

Two things that stood out for me, partly the aggressive thing, is not following shots to the rim. Just because someone throws up a three doesn't mean break to the other end of the court. The other is actually using picks. Almost with every pick set, the girls leave too much room for the defender to get by.

BUT! They are a darn fun bunch to watch... most of the time.

GO BULLS!

14 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Need to be more athletic and way more aggressive.

Two things that stood out for me, partly the aggressive thing, is not following shots to the rim. Just because someone throws up a three doesn't mean break to the other end of the court. The other is actually using picks. Almost with every pick set, the girls leave too much room for the defender to get by.

BUT! They are a darn fun bunch to watch... most of the time.

GO BULLS!

Been a long time since I've done any sort of coaching and there are guys on here that still do so would be better to explain these.  But my weak attempt - depending on the spacing of the others on offense, the shooter of the 3 (no such thing when I coached rec league) may be the one to get back on defense.

As for the picks, sometimes it is the ball handler that doesn't properly use it. Not always on the one setting the pick.