• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

New Offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Two things:

(1) Fix the defense. We can't score enough without a defense and go undefeated.

(2) We need to find the speed guys to replace Adams and Mack.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, JTrue said:

Riiiiiiight...

Skip: "BJ, I want you to run more despite you wanting to be more of a pocket passer."

BJ: "And if I say no?"

Skip: "I'll start Floyd or Eveld."

BJ: "I may not even wear cleats tomorrow."

That'd be an idiotic way to have the conversation. 

Regardless, a coaches job is to think about the success of his team and player. It's not usually that hard to convince someone to do something if they're bought into the system and buy into your leadership. If Skip got overruled by BJ he was truly inept. I think he just made a bad call.

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

defense has to be a priority

we were horrible

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Oh geez... On BJD... go back and watch some games where he ran a lot, there are clips of him arguing with the sidelines about it, he most certainly would have taken a stand with the coaches. At the same time, Skip was awful, so, I blame no one other than him for the failures of the team during his time. BJD probably won games in spite of the coaching during his time here.

On the "new" offense. I am good with less runs by QF, but, he has a knack for picking up 3rd/4th downs with his legs, hope the new staff can see that and give him those carries still to extend drives. I know on 3rd and 4 last year, the play I had the most confidence in was Quinton running for it and making the defense look stupid while doing it.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

57 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

Oh geez... On BJD... go back and watch some games where he ran a lot, there are clips of him arguing with the sidelines about it, he most certainly would have taken a stand with the coaches. At the same time, Skip was awful, so, I blame no one other than him for the failures of the team during his time. BJD probably won games in spite of the coaching during his time here.

BJ was the kind of guy that would've done anything for the team and to win football games.  It's **** silly to suggest he would've put his desire to "be more of a pocket passer" ahead of winning games for the team.  The kid went out there and killed himself every game day when we had little around him to try and get W's.    

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

Personally, I was perfectly content with those same 10 plays last year considering the results ...

Until a little team called Temple shut us down and prevented us from playing in the AACCG.  

I have a feeling QF will need to keep defenses a little more honest with his arm this year.  He ran all over the conference last year.  There are some good coaches in this conference, they'll devise a plan to cut down on the damage he does on the ground.

Personally, I'm glad to hear he will be throwing a little more.  

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

27 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I have a feeling QF will need to keep defenses a little more honest with his arm this year.  He ran all over the conference last year.  There are some good coaches in this conference, they'll devise a plan to cut down on the damage he does on the ground.

Personally, I'm glad to hear he will be throwing a little more.  

All the plans in the world don't work if the defense does not have the athleticism to contain Q. If it's Q 1-on-1 against any defender in this league I am taking Q most of the time.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Not sure what games some of you were watching last year, but a ton of QF's best plays were designed runs, read option, fake bubble screen and QB draws.  

It would be a huge mistake to take him out of the running game.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, SANJAY said:

All the plans in the world don't work if the defense does not have the athleticism to contain Q. If it's Q 1-on-1 against any defender in this league I am taking Q most of the time.

I agree with your final statement, but QF can't do it all by himself.  We saw in the Temple game how he can be contained by a team defense.  Without Mack and Adams who, combined with QF, accounted for most of our offensive production last year, the game is a little different.  We'll need DJ's Chuck Norris abilities like we haven't before, and others will need to step up as well.