• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kudos to Joey Knight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, theman123 said:

He's right, but I would argure he could probably find something a little more meaningful to research and report on, but not important.

Baby steps. This is Joey's first time doing any actual digging and reporting.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

23 minutes ago, theman123 said:

You're right about Joey, I shouldn't fault him much. More so the adults who continue to chastise simple mistakes of a college kid.

LOL  22 year olds who are a few months away from stepping out into the real world, one being babied by his mama.  

I don't think anyone would really care to "chastise" this "simple mistake" if it wasn't for the fact that USF has been embarrassed by this negative press, and apparently wrongfully so, in large part.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

43 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So they didn't venture off, they were right next to the gate and missed the plane? That's even worse for them if they can't figure out how to get on a plane and they're at the ******* gate.

They are youngsters.  Probably figured they could wait around and still get on the plane.  Then the door closes and they are scrambling to make up a story that mama will believe.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Did anything bad happen to these 21/2 year old "kids?"

They missed a flight, what's the big deal?

Not like they were left in Rainforest with no flights for a week.

Come on man!

• Upvote 1

I always thought that old guys talking about the "kids of today" being babied are exagerrating.  But here we have people on a message board defending a couple of 20 year olds for missing a flight, when they were in the terminal, awake, minutes before their plane started boarding.

I mean, come on man.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

43 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

LOL  22 year olds who are a few months away from stepping out into the real world, one being babied by his mama.  

I don't think anyone would really care to "chastise" this "simple mistake" if it wasn't for the fact that USF has been embarrassed by this negative press, and apparently wrongfully so, in large part.

Do you agree that missing a flight is a simple mistake? If so, then the media's overreaction to the simple mistake IS NOT a reason to question the responsibility of college students.

Now, if you don't agree that this is a simple mistake, and you believe missing a flight is a serious mistake by these two. Then, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

41 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I always thought that old guys talking about the "kids of today" being babied are exagerrating.  But here we have people on a message board defending a couple of 20 year olds for missing a flight, when they were in the terminal, awake, minutes before their plane started boarding.

I mean, come on man.

We don't know where they were, they could've been away from the terminal (which i don't believe, but we don't know)

We also don't know if they were awake.

I will fully admit, that if they were awake, with the team at the gate, and STILL missed the flight, that's embarrassing. 

Edited by theman123

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

I agree he is milking this story

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, theman123 said:

We don't know where they were, they could've been away from the terminal (which i don't believe, but we don't know)

We also don't know if they were awake.

I will fully admit, that if they were awake, with the team at the gate, and STILL missed the flight, that's embarrassing. 

How could they have been away from the terminal???

They had 58 minutes between the time the plane touched down and the next flight was scheduled to leave.  Had to be  a minimum of 15 minutes to get off of the previous plane by the time the plane taxis to the gate, prepare for deplaning, etc.  Boarding begins 20 to 30 mins before flight time.  These guys had 15, maybe 20 minutes before their connecting flight started boarding.  You think they left the terminal in that?  You think they walked over to a seat and immediately fell asleep?  If they either, that is even worse.

Further information is that the flight was over booked.  So the likely reason they did not get on the plane is that they missed First Call, Second Call and Final Call to the gate and the airline gave their seats away.  

Come on, man.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, theman123 said:

Do you agree that missing a flight is a simple mistake? If so, then the media's overreaction to the simple mistake IS NOT a reason to question the responsibility of college students.

You think the media is the one overreacting here?  What have, or haven't you, been reading?  

The issue is the mother of one of these MEN coddling her son and impugning USF in the process.

It is a simple mistake.  However, one mother, who apparently wishes she could wrap her child in bubble wrap, has made it a much bigger deal than it should have been.

• Upvote 2