• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Could the MBB season end already? Another Embarrassment.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Of course, pal Joey  is all over this Bulls news, he quotes Mama Holston:  "It's very disappointing, and it's a reflection of how terrible a program the men's basketball program is,"

Mama Holston doesn't realize her son is a contributor to that "terrible".  She should take him out of school.  If she's going to run that big flapper of her's, she should back it up with some action.  Put him on a good team, if they'll have him.

Man, you're nailing it today.  I almost Tweeted her back, politely, reminding her that her baby is 22 and should be able to manage to get on his flight.  Hell, my teens traveled from FL to CA, with a connector in ATL, and managed to have no issues, with no one coddling them.

Her Tweets hint that he's leaving, so maybe he graduates soon, and bolts for his last year.  Holston is good, but it's not like losing any player will make this team much worse.  I hope he learns from this (Thorpe, too) and takes some responsibility.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Massbull said:

Unfortunately with the basketball program in such disarray incidents like this get magnified.

True, UCLA would have laughed this off. And their b-team bloggers and writers wouldn't treat it as if it were a Penn State-like shower **** issue.

They got a little caught up in mommy drama.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, JupiterBull said:

Man, you're nailing it today.  I almost Tweeted her back, politely, reminding her that her baby is 22 and should be able to manage to get on his flight.  Hell, my teens traveled from FL to CA, with a connector in ATL, and managed to have no issues, with no one coddling them.

Her Tweets hint that he's leaving, so maybe he graduates soon, and bolts for his last year.  Holston is good, but it's not like losing any player will make this team much worse.  I hope he learns from this (Thorpe, too) and takes some responsibility.

I took the liberty to tweet her back. Felt there should be some accountability on both ends.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

ha some of the comments from Yahoo are pretty funny...These are the most liked...most place fault on players not university. 

Tai 2 hours ago

Uh those are two grown men. They shouldn't need baby sitting.

Show replies (9) 

steven 1 hour ago

These are college athletes. When I was nineteen, I was in the USAF and was more than capable of navigating airports and staying awake to catch my flight. Of course, that was back in 1970, and I guess people have regressed somewhat since then. Get a grip, Monique!!!

Show replies (6) 

robert h 2 hours ago

Hey bone heads stay awake next time.

Show replies (5) 

steve 1 hour ago

Why is this even news? These are grown men and legal adults, not elementary, junior high or high school students and they were in a secure section of the airport. Bob Knight would not have tolerated such foolish or contrived outrage directed at him if something like this had happened in his program. He probably would have made the two players work that much harder in practice to ensure they never did something like that again.

Show replies (4) 

Yahoo Reader 1 hour ago

The team 'left them behind"? How about they aren't responsible adults and fell asleep and missed their flight? Liberals refuse to hold blacks accountable for their actions....or inactions in this case.

Show replies (7) 

j 1 hour ago

lady shouldn't be tweeting if she doesn't know the difference between to and too. also, her son shouldn't need a babysitter. finally, if she doesn't like the program, quit taking the scholarship money.

Show replies (4) 

Derek 1 hour ago

What are they 5 years old? They knew they were supposed to catch a flight, should have been awake. Get their butts in gear as my old man would say. But in this day and age everybody blames somebody else - they are grown men, shouldn't have to be babysat.

Show replies (2) 

barney 1 hour ago

The way those two played it was probably intentional they were left.

Michael 1 hour ago

Why is this ladies Twitter feed considered news? These are grown men, they should be held accountable for not joining their team in the gate area in the first place.

Show replies (1) 

not worth the missed opportune 1 hour ago

These jerks were probably high and wandering around. Sure, blame the University you fools. How old to you have to be to know when to stay with the team?????

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

9 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

barney 1 hour ago

The way those two played it was probably intentional they were left.

Spoken like a true Bulls fan, LOL

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

wow.  you know the program is really bad when a player's parents publicly call it mismanaged.  they should be the first people to support the team through thick and thin if they're not pulling their kid out to transfer.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

THIS.  These are kids that got left behind.  Yes, USF staff should have done a head count, but these are 20 something olds...I'm guessing they are used to having the earphones in, nodding off and having someone tap them to wake up and get on the plane.

This isn't good for our program, as it just piles on to the mediocrity this year.  But come on...these grown men can't be accountable for getting on the plane to get home.  Let's not coddle these dudes.

Mediocrity?  I long for the days when we were mediocre....I would advocate for a tickertape parade is we were mediocre

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Only :facepalm: I see here is for Geno & THJ. Yeah, there might should be a staffer checking off the list, but really...this is all on them IMO, they're lucky the staff worked on getting them on the next flight and didn't put them on a Greyhound for punishment.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

I took the liberty to tweet her back. Felt there should be some accountability on both ends.

If you need to sleep on a layover, you better have a plan, like setting a phone alarm (I've slept in airports after a red eye, and always set an alarm for fear of oversleeping. And, I set it for 30 minutes before boarding, in case there's a gate change.  

It'd maybe be different if these were freshman, but these are your senior leaders.

Lastly, my kids would be MORTIFIED if I did what Holston's mom did.  She TRASHED the program & USF.  I once got pissed at my son's employer, when he was a soph is college & told him I was going to head down & re-calibrate the manager.  He said, "Dad, I'm 20.  I need to handle this by myself.  Would you want your dad handling your business at 20?"  I'm guessing Holston is gone, and I can live with that.  Barring some massive chances, this program is looking at single digit wins for years to come.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, gmanbull93 said:

Mediocrity?  I long for the days when we were mediocre....I would advocate for a tickertape parade is we were mediocre

I actually stalled on using that word, for that reason. But I thought I'd be gentle.  But yeah, 1 conference win is insane.