• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Could the MBB season end already? Another Embarrassment.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

I agree they are adults, but how about some common courtesy to wake up a teammate and make sure they don't miss a flight.  I have done this numerous times for strangers I didn't even know.  Its pretty telling if you ask me.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

This looks bad on both us and the players. Yes the players are adults but it would make sense that if you fall asleep at the airport and are traveling with your team that someone would wake you up to board your flight. Unless Holston and Thorpe were in a completely different part of the airport I find it even harder to believe someone didn't at least know where they were. 

If you think that Coach O was at fault for his players getting rhabdo than it's hard to not blame the coaches here. They are paid to make sure everybody makes it home from a road trip amongst many other things. 

Edited by 206BULL
Autocorrect

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,977
  • Days Won:  469

i saw the FGCU basketball team in the Atlanta airport a month or so ago.  They were all over the place.  They managed to make their flight like hundreds of other programs.  Maybe the problem is our kids don't feel a sense of responsibility.  Maybe losing does that to you.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, yosoybullsfan said:

I agree they are adults, but how about some common courtesy to wake up a teammate and make sure they don't miss a flight.  I have done this numerous times for strangers I didn't even know.  Its pretty telling if you ask me.  

They were in a different location than the rest of the team

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

This is why we need a USF corporate jet.

The coaches realized they were missing as soon as they closed the doors and pulled back. If we had our own jet, they could have rolled back up, opened the doors, and snagged our stragglers.

Somebody needs to step up and donate a jet to the MBB program. It's the ONLY thing standing in the way of our success.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,977
  • Days Won:  469

OCCJ?

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Both parties are to blame, just plain embarrassing!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

Actually I believe the reporting says that they noticed they were missing even before the plane started Pull back. Which means that as soon as They got on the plane someone took a headcount. Unfortunately the airport closed the doors for boarding and there was nothing they could do about it. The two players made it home that afternoon and were with the team today. Is it stupid YES! However these are young adults who should take at least a little bit of the blame. Unfortunately with the basketball program in such disarray incidents like this get magnified.

i'm sure the coaching staff was mortified but I would bet that the players took quite a bit of ribbing from their teammates.  It will be interesting to hear the players take on this,my bet is they would not think it's that big a deal and probably feel pretty stupid.

However once one of the students parents & the media got involved it became an indictment of the MBB program and huge story.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Well, then we **** sure need to fire a ballboy or something. 

If my son got left behind, I'd be laughing my ass off.  

Everything turned out fine. These aren't toddlers.  I am sure both have been to airports and traveled. They're big boys.  

THIS.  These are kids that got left behind.  Yes, USF staff should have done a head count, but these are 20 something olds...I'm guessing they are used to having the earphones in, nodding off and having someone tap them to wake up and get on the plane.

This isn't good for our program, as it just piles on to the mediocrity this year.  But come on...these grown men can't be accountable for getting on the plane to get home.  Let's not coddle these dudes.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Sorry but we must blame the team for this. You win as a team, you lose as a team. 

You can SHARE the blame, but you HAVE to hold these young men accountable to act like...adults.  Part of being in college is getting ready for the world & real life.  These 2 players failed here...as did USF for not double checking to make sure everyone was accounted for.