• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

fCWT can't seem to settle in

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

26 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Wow, all you need is an NRA sticker, bald eagle picture and the "proud to be an America" song to really drive the political statement home. 

I do have a Trump/Pence 2020 magnet on my car. It looks awesome while sitting in traffic on the Beltway and seeing the shock and awe reaction from liberals still swooning over their girl getting her ass handed to her.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

I do have a Trump/Pence 2020 magnet on my car. It looks awesome while sitting in traffic on the Beltway and seeing the shock and awe reaction from liberals still swooning over their girl getting her ass handed to her.

So you put up a bumper sticker just to piss people off? Man, that is....what is the word..."interesting." Personally, I have never fallen in love with any political figure and have no skin in the political game in terms of bumper stickers. But in terms of USF...well that is a different story...because I am up north I am preaching the USF brand with my USF bumper sticker. Just my small part to save the world from the "False News" that those "snow flakes" from the power five as they try to perpetrate "leaks" to the media about Big12 expansion. Yes, one day the CFB "swamp will be drained" and USF will take its rightful place.  :GoBulls: :lmao:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

“It’s not an unfair characterization; it’s just that the way it gets interpreted is regrettable,” Gleason said. “In the shorthand of journalism, it resulted in an impression that may not have been completely accurate.”

... and in today's "journalism", that's usually not by accident because that's what sells. Don't have a problem at all with coaches telling those kind of clowns to **** off.

What he said ^^^ I graduated from the School of Journalism at UF and trust me, the level of ethics and standards I learned in class is far from what I see in the real world. Two main thing the news story fail to mentioned was that this workout was voluntary and they didnt even lift weights. There was no weights involved! Those three guys just might have been out of shape and trying to hard to impress. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

36 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

You forgot to tell us what kind of car you were in. I'm betting it was a BMW or Mercedes because you're a winner just like Trump.

http://ix.cnn.io/dailygraphics/graphics/20161221-popular-vote-margins/child.html?initialWidth=780&childId=responsive-embed-20161221-popular-vote-margins&parentTitle=It's official%3A Clinton swamps Trump in popular vote - CNNPolitics.com&parentUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2016%2F12%2F21%2Fpolitics%2Fdonald-trump-hillary-clinton-popular-vote-final-count%2F

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

You forgot to tell us what kind of car you were in. I'm betting it was a BMW or Mercedes because you're a winner just like Trump.

Now if he drives the same car as John McCain then we have an ambiguity problem....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

2 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

He didn't have quite the microscope on him here. As the great urban philosopher the Notorious B.I.G. once said, "Mo' money, mo' problems."

but what would the great urban philosopher Plies say?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Willie is handling this in the manner he is because the story ran initially as if the players were forced to train beyond their means when this was confirmed not to be the case by OU players and coaches when they we're actualyl asked.  CWT is holding the grudge because the initial article framed the incident in a way that questioned his relationship and concern for his players.  It's not something minor to run a story that basically questions a coaches concern for his player's welfare.  Alleged abuse of players is a HUGE deal. The reaction and information about the incident and the work outs themselves from current and former players puts the initial coverage of the incident at odds with what appears to have really happened.  If coach T was really doing what was alleged at OU and USF you can **** sure bet that some malcontent with an axe to grind would've taken full advantage of the situation to get revenge (Hello slap gate/CJL).

Looking at it from the outside it appears to me a beat reporter thought he has some major scandal to break a major story and put it out there without verifying much of the info.  Articles about the incident that came out in the days after it initially broke actually used players and those in attendance as sources rather than the through the grapevine info that was used in the initial article.  This is a case of a reporter wanting to be first rather than be correct and the party that was damaged by the reporting is naturally miffed.   

tenor.gif

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

CWT leaves USF and goes to Oregon.....

Bad Karma...............

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

I'm not a D1 athlete so I don't know much about overexerting yourself to the point of hospitalization, but isn't rhabdomyolysis a serious disease? I'm not sure if the coaching staff can know that their players are getting this badly injured, but it sounds like he needs to at least take the heat for it. Dealing with the media is part of the job is it not? 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, Ionbull said:

I'm not a D1 athlete so I don't know much about overexerting yourself to the point of hospitalization, but isn't rhabdomyolysis a serious disease? I'm not sure if the coaching staff can know that their players are getting this badly injured, but it sounds like he needs to at least take the heat for it. Dealing with the media is part of the job is it not? 

It's basically from people over exerting themselves to an extreme degree due to not being ready for the intensity of a work out.  This can voluntarily happen to people and it does all the time actually.  It used to be super rare but in the recent years there has been a rash of it due to the fast rise of crossfit.  It's not a one size fits all thing since in order to get it you have to ignore your body to get it and not everybody has the same pain threshold to extreme over exertion.  What looks like just a  normal case of a tough workout causing somebody to struggle to a coach/trainer can easily escalate to this kind of case due to it being up to the athlete to also know it's limits. Then you add in the competitive/"push yourself bro"  environment and it's easy to see where this can happen even under reasonable circumstances.  

Edited by Bull Dozer