• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

fCWT can't seem to settle in

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

“It’s not an unfair characterization; it’s just that the way it gets interpreted is regrettable,” Gleason said. “In the shorthand of journalism, it resulted in an impression that may not have been completely accurate.”

... and in today's "journalism", that's usually not by accident because that's what sells. Don't have a problem at all with coaches telling those kind of clowns to **** off.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

Journalist protect other journalist. Keep that in mind when reading this.... 

This may be a bit unfair for CWT. He deserves better. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 hours ago, NessUSF said:

Journalist protect other journalist. Keep that in mind when reading this.... 

This may be a bit unfair for CWT. He deserves better. 

And why does CWT "deserve" better?

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

The best coaches often come across as ********. See Saban, Belichick, Harbaugh etc. Not saying Willie's name is to be spoken with those names, just that this fits the mold for who he aspires to be.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Have no fear fCJL will surely be there to provide Willie with stellar media relations tactics. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

He didn't have quite the microscope on him here. As the great urban philosopher the Notorious B.I.G. once said, "Mo' money, mo' problems."

I regret that I can only give you one up vote for the reference.  It made me chuckle.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

I didn't care for Willie early in his tenure (like seriously questioned his ability), but after he gave ECU and UCF the business this past season, I had a lot of love for the guy. He's the type of coach I want to play for. He reminds me of Sensei John Kreese from the Karate Kid - a straight up winner. I respect how he handled the reporter in Oregon as well. Willie reminds me of President Donald Trump at times... protecting his turf when people slander him with news that is sensationalized. It's not Willie's fault that he inherited a bunch of fruit loops that weren't well conditioned in Oregon. I will forever thank Willie for taking the Oregon job and delivering Coach Strong to us. We're all winners because of Willie Taggart... don't you folks forget it... and the extra little love he gave to UCF this season was truly endearing.

Wow, all you need is an NRA sticker, bald eagle picture and the "proud to be an America" song to really drive the political statement home. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Willie is handling this in the manner he is because the story ran initially as if the players were forced to train beyond their means when this was confirmed not to be the case by OU players and coaches when they we're actualyl asked.  CWT is holding the grudge because the initial article framed the incident in a way that questioned his relationship and concern for his players.  It's not something minor to run a story that basically questions a coaches concern for his player's welfare.  Alleged abuse of players is a HUGE deal. The reaction and information about the incident and the work outs themselves from current and former players puts the initial coverage of the incident at odds with what appears to have really happened.  If coach T was really doing what was alleged at OU and USF you can **** sure bet that some malcontent with an axe to grind would've taken full advantage of the situation to get revenge (Hello slap gate/CJL).

Looking at it from the outside it appears to me a beat reporter thought he has some major scandal to break a major story and put it out there without verifying much of the info.  Articles about the incident that came out in the days after it initially broke actually used players and those in attendance as sources rather than the through the grapevine info that was used in the initial article.  This is a case of a reporter wanting to be first rather than be correct and the party that was damaged by the reporting is naturally miffed.   

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Wow, all you need is an NRA sticker, bald eagle picture and the "proud to be an America" song to really drive the political statement home. 

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=5puTwL-cptw